PDA

View Full Version : Help with skimmers

gatzke
03-08-2014, 08:36 PM
Hey guys my skimmer pump blew up and apparently the old pumps are recalled and done. I searched around and found a lot of headaches when searching for a new pump I have the swc 160 cone. So because of the hassle I'm just going I buy a new skimmer I was thinkin about either the vertex 130 omega. Or the super reef octopus in sump 1000.
http://www.reefsupplies.ca/online-store/Super-Reef-Octopus-1000-Internal-Protein-Skimmer-125-Gallons.html

Can any one give me a hand and let me know what skimmer you would choose of these two or if there is any thing else I should be considering as we'll. I got a 40 gallon breeder with a 30 sump and a pretty heavy bioload.

spit.fire
03-08-2014, 11:49 PM
the recall was only for bm skimmers using that pump, swc wont do anything about their crappy pumps

never used the sro skimmer but ive been using a vertex omega 130 and an omega 150 for some time now and i love them, never had any issues with them

badAZZlars
03-09-2014, 12:11 AM
I'd go with the omega. I owned a octopus and the pump output was inconsistent. For no reason it would surge and cause the skimmer to overflow. My omega 150 has been working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk