PDA

View Full Version : Bleh

Dearth
03-08-2014, 04:26 AM
Well in the past 5 days I have lost a Yellow Wrasse(committed suicide by breathing air) my Bi-colour Blennie has jumped out of the tank 3 times(now missing part of his tail due to cat amputation) and discovered I had an unwelcome infestation again of purple clove polyps which I though I had previously eradicated.

Add to that I had 4 coral die off due to another heater failure last month in the thick of the cold snap makes me wonder if someone has a voodoo doll of my tank somewhere

kien
03-08-2014, 05:10 PM
sometimes when it rains it pours.. sorry for your losses. Soemtimes (almost all the time) this hobby likes to give us a kick in the nads.

saltyair
03-08-2014, 05:14 PM
ahhh does suck - maybe invest in egg create or bird netting?

I lost my fav wrasse - got bird netting never lost a fish after

Dearth
03-09-2014, 06:21 AM
ahhh does suck - maybe invest in egg create or bird netting?

I lost my fav wrasse - got bird netting never lost a fish after

I got egg crate on top of the tank form fitted however my last lawnmower Blennie broke it in several places and multiple repairs before it made the final escape into the jaws of a cat and both of my new fish have found a way past those repairs

saltyair
03-09-2014, 12:40 PM
OMG!!!! are you saying the fish broke the egg create to escape - that was one powerful fish - did you get that on vid? (vision of the blenny smashing at the egg create)
Or was it the cat smashing the egg create?:question:

I got egg crate on top of the tank form fitted however my last lawnmower Blennie broke it in several places and multiple repairs before it made the final escape into the jaws of a cat and both of my new fish have found a way past those repairs

Dearth
03-09-2014, 11:33 PM
Give a 5 inch long Blennie enough room and it can do serious damage to a lot of things when it jumps my bi-colour Blennie is 4 inches long and has some weight behind it and my new lawnmower Blennie has never shown any inkling of jumping in the past 5 months.

After a few very notable incidents none of my 3 cats have dared try to get on top of my tank since they were educated about what happens when they fall in.

gregzz4
03-10-2014, 01:10 AM
Have you investigated why your fish are jumping ?

Stray current - bullies - contaminants - parameters .....