PDA

View Full Version : New Anenome

jay2x
03-06-2014, 03:09 PM
I bought a new anenome and introduced it to my tank...I woke up this morning and I can't find my 6 line wrasse...

Maybe I was a noob to pair it up with the livestock I already have.

http://www.oceanviewenterprise.com/Eng/Anemones/data/images1/condylactis_anemone.jpg

This is the anemone I got from jlaquatics.

pinkreef
03-06-2014, 03:52 PM
very pretty is it an LTA?

tlhood
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
Ocean View has that as a purple condy

jay2x
03-06-2014, 04:07 PM
very pretty is it an LTA?
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/07/sa8asyre.jpg

This is the actual anemone I got from jlaquatics, they called it a CONDY?

tlhood
03-06-2014, 04:22 PM
I've read that all anemones are opportunity eaters, so if yours was hungry and able to reach the fish and sting it enough, it could have very well eaten it. Some suggest the longer the tentacles, the higher the possibility the anemone will catch and eat a fish or crab etc.

Make sure you check your overflow (I`ve found my goby in there multiple times) and any hiding spots. If you don`t see your fish for a while, I would assume it`s toast.

jay2x
03-06-2014, 04:41 PM
I've read that all anemones are opportunity eaters, so if yours was hungry and able to reach the fish and sting it enough, it could have very well eaten it. Some suggest the longer the tentacles, the higher the possibility the anemone will catch and eat a fish or crab etc.

Make sure you check your overflow (I`ve found my goby in there multiple times) and any hiding spots. If you don`t see your fish for a while, I would assume it`s toast.

I definitely will check dark overflows in my 29gal biocube

tlhood
03-06-2014, 04:49 PM
If your biocube is built anything like my rsm, there is about an inch and a bit gap between the hood and the rear wall of the display. If your fish really wanted, it could be possible for it to jump back into those rear compartments.

Hope you find him and he's just hiding in a cave somewhere.

Taipan
03-06-2014, 05:06 PM
It's very possible that the 6 line wrasse may have been a meal for the anemone. Condylactis gigantea have a pretty decent sting and if the 6 line was not accustomed to its new tankmate (anemone) ; it may have darted into it.

Alternatively as others have stated; it may have jumped or disappeared into the overflow or elsewhere. 6 lines like most wrasses will jump when startled. If the wrasse was casually stung; it may be buried in the sand and attempting to heal.

jay2x
03-06-2014, 05:29 PM
If the wrasse was casually stung; it may be buried in the sand and attempting to heal.

That's very interesting, I never thought it would bury itself to heal.. I wonder what other fish does this.

Taipan
03-06-2014, 05:35 PM
Wrasses in general will bury themselves in substrate to sleep. Or find a crevice to sleep in if there is no substrate. It's not specifically for healing purposes; but the 6-line may spend more time "sleeping" or in suspended animation to help the healing process since it is injured.

jay2x
03-08-2014, 01:14 AM
Just an update, wrasse is alive, but it started shrinking...http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/03/08/pebutene.jpg still a noob.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Coral Hoarder
03-08-2014, 02:02 AM
Ummm what the hell am I missing 6 line wrass are not a burrying species they lodge them self in the rocks

jay2x
03-08-2014, 03:02 AM
Is my nem stressed?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Coral Hoarder
03-08-2014, 03:27 AM
Might be how open is the mouth and how old is the tank