PDA

View Full Version : One RBTA on top of another. Potential problems?

Mahawka
03-06-2014, 02:30 PM
Hey all.
Since I am fairly new to this hobby any input on this would be great. I currently have 2 RBTA, A tiny one (1.5”) was introduced into the tank about 1 week ago. He found his home in this bowl shaped rock and has not moved from that location. As of last night I acquired a much bigger RBTA about 4 -5 inches big. And he too decided to move in to this bowl shaped rock.

When I checked this morning the larger BTA has fully moved in to the bowl shape rock. Almost look like he is on top of the smaller one. I can't even see the smaller one unless I push the bigger anemone's tentacles out the way. Pretty much the larger BTA’s tentacles are waving over the smaller one and their foots are about 2 inches away from each other.

At this point I was a little worried that one would kill the other. From my observations it does not look like they are stinging each other. Both their tentacles are bubbled up and just waving around each other like nothing is happening. The smaller RBTA has not moved an inch from his current location.

So what do you guys think? Is it possible that these 2 RBTA are compatible with each other and won’t be an issue sharing the same hole? Or are they fighting each other without me realizing it? How can I tell if they are stinging each other? Would one of them over away before it dies? Maybe I should manually relocate one the RBTA.

THANKS guys! Much appreciated.
Martin

IanWR
03-06-2014, 02:51 PM
I don't think BTA will sting each other. They may compete for real estate but the loser will eventually move. I have had different colors immediately adjacent with no harm done. They may coexist for months, but don't be shocked when one or both go wandering again. Such is the nature of the beast. :)

Magickiwi
03-06-2014, 06:27 PM
I don't think BTA will sting each other. They may compete for real estate but the loser will eventually move. I have had different colors immediately adjacent with no harm done. They may coexist for months, but don't be shocked when one or both go wandering again. Such is the nature of the beast. :)

I had a RBTA that stayed in the same spot for months and then one day, after no changes on my side it decided to go wandering and did that for a few more months before totally disappearing. I was disappointed because it was a pretty large on and the other RBTA in my tank hasn't so much as moved an inch.

jason604
03-06-2014, 07:27 PM
Just out of curiosity can u super glue an anem's base to a rock?

Mahawka
03-06-2014, 07:28 PM
That's a big no no. would you ever super glue a snail to a rock ? haha