PDA

View Full Version : Jbj 28 help!

IanWR
03-06-2014, 12:48 AM
Hi all,

I just got a used jbj 28 with the CF hood. I am hoping to set it up for 2 seahorses, some macros, and possibly a softy or 2. I have run into a wrinkle. The fans are ridiculously loud! Does anyone have any experience with this tank, and/or suggestions on how to mitigate it? I had really hoped not to have another money pit.

In case the fans are unfixable, what led would be a good fit for this tank? I would love to hear the collective wisdom before i decide.

Thanks,

Ian

cav~firez22
03-06-2014, 03:03 PM
its been a while since I have had my JBJ, but I believe the fans are replaceable. if you have a princess auto store or any surplus store.... the fans are usually under $2.00 ea and pretty basic to swap out, aside from the dismantling of the hood :)

cav~firez22
03-06-2014, 03:04 PM
Second part. Led would be great for that tank, especially if your going to do seahorses, as they prefere a little cooler water than your typical reef. lots of guys on here have done the conversion to LED.

makana
03-08-2014, 02:59 AM
you could buy the LED hood or ditch the hood and get a gooseneck with two par 38 bulbs.

bronx
03-08-2014, 03:13 AM
I have a jbj just change the fans out, super easy to do. If you want an led hands down run the Kessil 150 w with the goose neck. :biggrin: