PDA

View Full Version : Flat worms

TNTCanada
07-29-2004, 04:43 AM
I have a huge out break of flat worms my glass is covered with these little guy. Will they hurt anything? Will they actually just run their coarse?

thanks for any feed back

Cheers

LostMind
07-29-2004, 04:45 AM
From what I read, its when they die and the body decomposes that its toxic.

I say suck out as many as you can and use flatworm eXit.

hate the buggers...

Azilla
07-29-2004, 04:51 AM
i had that i sucked out as much as i could the dropped in ((flat worm exit))

WOW DID THEY DIE!!!!!!! Instantly then i sucked up as much as i could that floated. they are bad for a system so now is the time to KILL KILL KILL!

MitchM
07-29-2004, 05:03 AM
I've had them for years on and off, and I've never noticed them causing any harm. They stay off the corals for the most part, and the population seems to rise and fall.
I'm more interested in figuring out what they are feeding off of, and just look at them as another inhabitant of the tank.

A large die-off is said to be harmful in a small closed system, so vacuum out as many as you can before using something like flatworm exit.

Mitch

Manny
07-29-2004, 05:15 AM
thats not cool. this must have happened really quckly. i just taled to you today and you didn't mention anything to me aboiut this.

hope it works out.

i'll see you tomorrow.

manuel

Aquattro
07-29-2004, 05:16 AM
Mitch's description is pretty accurate. Other than being unsightly, they cause no real harm. If they all die at once, they are toxic. Flat worm exit is available locally, but read the instructions about siphoning what you can first and have a cannister filter full of carbon on hand.

Beverly
07-31-2004, 02:40 AM
Had them in my seahorse tank when it was up a few months back. Never got to plague proportions as I wiped down the glass every week wiping away many flatworms in the process. Always rinsed the wiping thing in tapwater before storing. Never seemed to bother the tank. Eventually, they all went away and I haven't seen them in any of my tanks since.

props
07-31-2004, 03:10 AM
anybody in surrey area have a flat worm exit? i too have them n the tank
=o/

Chad
07-31-2004, 06:28 AM
anybody in surrey area have a flat worm exit? i too have them n the tank
=o/

I got it Jesse... Can come and get if you want to use it.