PDA

View Full Version : SWC Mini HOT Protein Skimmer Issue

swill
03-01-2014, 09:59 PM
I have been running a hang on SWC Mini HOT Protein Skimmer (http://www.saltwaterconnection.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=6&zenid=7e96e972cc0aca10fd66643207f36cda) for 6 months now and on two occasions the protein skimmer out of no where starts to overflow onto my floor. The first time I thought it must have been full and took the blame myself for not cleaning it sooner. This last time though I can't take the blame as I have been cleaning it religiously to avoid such another incident. Thank god I was home both times when this happened as it could have really done some damage to my floors, coral and fish. I'm trying to get in contact with the company and can see on here that a Jayson is the contact person for SWC and even has the same telephone number as the one listed on my protein skimmer but he doesn't accept private messages. Does anyone know how else I can get in touch with him through online before I call?

Also does anyone else have this issue with this skimmer?

Thanks!

SteveCGY
03-01-2014, 10:15 PM
Don't know if this helps but with my HOB skimmer if the sponge gets something caught in that restricts flow it has overflowed. I'm talking about the sponge on the outlet

freeze
03-01-2014, 11:19 PM
Did you add or do anything to your system, like change filter floss or sock, add supplements or meds, something's just set off any skimmer.

swill
03-02-2014, 06:56 PM
Nothing is different in the tank and nothing was caught in the sponge either. The skimmer was recently cleaned.