PDA

View Full Version : Red Planet Acro

htfn
03-01-2014, 08:30 PM
I'm wondering is there two different type of red planet? I've seen green base red tip one and just pink-ish red one. Mine is pink or red one. I was told when I bought a frag several years ago that depends on a placement. If lower it's green base and higher is red or pink. Does anyone know about it? I like to get green base one, too if there is a trick.
Thanks

Slyguy00
03-01-2014, 08:43 PM
You got it. It changes in different light. Lower light gives you a greener base

htfn
03-01-2014, 11:47 PM
OK, mine never change the color and don't see any sign for over a year. Any idea? I'll test my water when I am back to home.

Aquattro
03-01-2014, 11:55 PM
OK, mine never change the color and don't see any sign for over a year. Any idea? I'll test my water when I am back to home.

If it's red and growing, your water is fine. Nothing about your water will give it green hues :) Generally lower light will give you the greens.

Rice Reef
03-02-2014, 12:22 AM
I have two red planets... One from Brad and another from MJC which is an ORA from DVs tank. The red on the ORA is more prominent while the one from Brad had more green ( height on both are about the same). Lighting and nutrient seems to attribute to the amt of greenness. I had a lot more green before while it is more on the white side today.

htfn
03-02-2014, 06:07 AM
If it's red and growing, your water is fine. Nothing about your water will give it green hues :) Generally lower light will give you the greens.

It's growing and red, so I guess my water should be fine. I fragged another one and I attached other place, see what's happen.

jason604
03-03-2014, 06:59 AM
My red planet frag turned fully green with red/pink milli polyps. It's currently exactly right in the middle of my tank

htfn
03-03-2014, 07:30 AM
My red planet frag turned fully green with red/pink milli polyps. It's currently exactly right in the middle of my tank

That's what I'm hoping for. How long did it take to turning green?

jason604
03-03-2014, 03:46 PM
Abouts 3 weeks or so. It's a tiny 1" frag. I will take a pic and show u when I'm home.

Aquattro
03-03-2014, 03:48 PM
Funny how people are different :) If mine turned green, I'd toss it out -lol

don.ald
03-03-2014, 03:57 PM
Mine was green
Cut it and moved to another location in tank.
Leftover piece remained green, while the fragged piece is red.
Same coal, two colours in same tank

tang daddy
03-03-2014, 04:05 PM
Mine is light green base with pink in 1 tank and dark green and red in another, ultimately there is so many variation in this coral due to limiting factors being light and nutrients in the water.