PDA

View Full Version : More pictures from the nano...

Fish
07-29-2004, 01:48 AM
Here are a few new pictures I took. Hope you like them :smile:

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185mychair-med.jpg?2395

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185040728_017-med.jpg?1495

http://www.canreef.com/photopost/data/500/1185040728_034-med.jpg?3602

- Chad

christyf5
07-29-2004, 02:19 AM
Geez, that crab shot looks so perfect it doesn't even look like there is water in there :eek: :mrgreen:

Fantastic looking tank. And you should enter those in a photo contest. http://reefs.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=51767

Christy :)

Quinn
07-29-2004, 02:37 AM
Send the crab off to Community Savings for their calendar: "come on, it is so Albertan wildlife!"

Gujustud
07-29-2004, 02:53 AM
my fav is that with the chair.

Scavenger
07-29-2004, 03:19 AM
BEAUTIFUL!!! That's some great art you have created.

Fish
07-29-2004, 03:36 AM
Christy,
Shucks, thanks for the kind words :redface:
I don't think I'd have a chance in any photo contests though.

Instead I think I may take Quinn's advice and submit it to the community savings calendar. Since the pictures have to be Albertan, I may not enter it as an emerald crab... instead I would probably say that it is a closeup of the "common mule deer ear mite" or something like that :biggrin:.

- Chad

Fish
07-29-2004, 03:43 AM
Gujustud,
Thanks! Even though we have two big couches in the living room, my favorite seat is the rickety chair I drag in from the kitchen every day. But then again, I don't have to explain that to you, I'm sure all of us have similar seating arrangements :smile: .

And Scavenger, I really appreciate the compliment.

- Chad

Manny
07-29-2004, 04:00 AM
nice... my stare chair is a lazyboy, but my tank doesn't look half as nice as yours. its still my favorite seat.

Cap'n
07-29-2004, 04:19 AM
Something very eerie yet appealing about that series of photos. Like them a lot, especially the chair.

Fish
07-29-2004, 04:22 AM
Thanks Manny. Maybe if I had a lazyboy I could sit there longer and wouldn't have to keep taking my gotta-go-check-canreef breaks :smile:

- Chad

Fish
07-29-2004, 04:33 AM
Capn'
I wasn't really going for "eerie yet appealing" but now that you mention it, I think that is really cool, thanks! Maybe its eerie because I dont have any other lights turned on. Or maybe because I let the 17month-old get close enough to make fingerprints... yikes, something very unsettling about that :eek:
:razz:
- Chad

Cap'n
07-29-2004, 04:37 AM
I think it's the intense look on the kid's face and the giant, ominous shadow from the chair. It's almost like the shadow is the focus of the pic. Replace the happy contents of the tank with something sinister and you've got the cover of a Stephen King novel.

Fish
07-29-2004, 04:56 AM
Cpt,

"More praise for the master of horror.
His latest thriller tells the story of a man living in a sleepy Maine community who decides to stay up one night watching his fish tank, hoping to observe some 'nocturnal inhabitants'. In the morning his wife finds the chair empty and, inexplicably, his wedding ring resting on the tank's sandy bottom..."

Hey, I think you might be on to something there

muck
07-29-2004, 06:22 AM
Beautiful Pictures!!! I hope my tank looks that good one day.
I agree with Christy about the picture contests. Just might be suprised when you win. :biggrin:

Can you refresh me... what are the tank dimensions again.

Fish
07-30-2004, 12:54 AM
Muck,
Thanks for the compliment, I think the same thing when I see others tanks. I personally think that the thing that makes the biggest difference with the looks of my tank is the lighting.
The dimensions are 24x12x16.

- Chad

Cap'n
07-30-2004, 06:43 AM
:evil: :evil: :evil: THE NANOGEIST :evil: :evil: :evil:

distraught wife: Yes officer, the last time I saw him was right here in front of the tank (sob, sniff) I went to bed and when I got up he was gone! (boo-hoo)

Officer Skeptical: Right, now you mentioned hearing him say something about a hitch-hiker, what can you tell me about that?

distraught wife: Well (sniff, sniff) he was looking at the tank, like I told you, and he was describing all the things inside. Now, I don't really listen to him when he starts talking about all that reef stuff, I just nod to keep him happy. Do you think he knew that Officer?

Officer Skeptical: I'm sure he loved you very much ma'am.

distraught wife: Oh (sniff, sob) you're so kind. Anyhow, one of the things I'm sure he said was something about a "wierd hitch-hiker".

Officer Skeptical: Is your husband the type of person who usually picks up strangers?

distraught wife: No! I don't remember him giving anyone a ride! (sniff) You'll find him for me, won't you?

Officer Skeptical: We'll put out an APB. He can't be too far away. (leans over tank; drops donut crumbs inside which settle down to wedding ring in the sand)

:evil:

christyf5
07-30-2004, 03:53 PM
Bwhahaa, you guys are goofy. :mrgreen: Great story :wink:

Christy :)

Fish
07-31-2004, 04:49 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol:
That... is hil-lar-ious!

Samw
07-31-2004, 05:13 AM
Neato pictures. Well done. The empty chair reminds me of a movie where the rocking chair rocks back and forth with no one in the room. :lol: Retake the pic with a rocking chair tilted. hehe.

Fish
08-02-2004, 05:17 PM
Sam,
Thanks, I'll try that :biggrin:

Christy,
I went ahead and submitted the pics in that contest - I'll let you know how it goes.

- Chad