PDA

View Full Version : Queen Conch acting strange

Vagabond
07-28-2004, 09:50 PM
The last 3 days my Queen Conch has been acting out of the ordinary :confused: .

Usually she spends all her time on the sand gorging herself on any diatom algae. Now she spends all her time on the glass at the very top of the tank near the water surface, occasionally coming down only to bury herself in the sand.

Everyone else in the tank seems happy and all my water parameters are good.

Any ideas or is this maybe just a phase and normal behavior will resume in good time.

Scott

Scavenger
07-28-2004, 09:54 PM
I don't have a couch queen, err um I mean queen conch, but it sounds to me like there is just something growing up there that your conch really has a taste for. Maybe it will return to normal once the new "food" is all consumed. Just a guess though.

christyf5
07-28-2004, 10:53 PM
My queen conch used to do that all the time. I was amazed that the shell wasn't too heavy for it. It never stayed on the sand and preferred to climb the rocks and knock over whatever wasn't tied down. Eventually I gave it to someone with a bigger tank. Scary fast growers! :eek:

Christy :)

Vagabond
07-28-2004, 11:13 PM
Thanks Christy,

Good to know its not out of the norm, just the first time I've seen it since aquiring her 2 months ago.

She is growing quickly now at about 1 1/2". I realize that I will have to get her to a bigger tank eventually as mine is only 62g. It will be a sad day as they are tres cool to watch. Hmmmm good excuse for a bigger tank instead :mrgreen: