PDA

View Full Version : Interceptor users!

Gools
07-28-2004, 08:07 PM
Just want some feedback on your experence with using this stuff, and the results. I'm debating on using it on my main tank.

Aquattro
07-28-2004, 08:44 PM
I used it first time at only 1 dose. Bugs came back after a month. I then used it properly and bugs are still gone, three months later. It did kill any small crabs left in the tank. I don't have ay shrimp. Anemone, corals and all fish were fine.

props
07-29-2004, 01:24 AM
rose anemone split during treatment
my advice get as many crabs, shrimp and even some fish[ie. mandarin..your pods will get wipe out] out before you do treat your tank
and treat every coral you put in there afterwards =o)

Gools
07-29-2004, 02:20 AM
I was thinking of cutting off my refuge to help save my pods and I will try to catch my shrimp, and hermits and put them in there. What about snails?

Aquattro
07-29-2004, 03:20 AM
My mandarin is just as fat as ever, and there is always a bunch of pods running around.
I also wouldn't cut off the refuge as bugs and/or larvae may hide in there. Eric Bornean says they die after 4 or 5 days without acropora to feed on, but I wouldn't take the chance. Read Dustin's threads closely and do not deviate from the instructions provied.

Gools
07-31-2004, 02:35 PM
I was thinking of leaving my fuge off my tank for a month, that should insure death from what I've read. But what inverts does the Interceptor have bad effects on? I know shrimp, and pods, what else? Is it bad on snails?

Aquattro
07-31-2004, 02:39 PM
Snails are fine with it. Pretty much just small crustaceans get killed.

Gools
08-07-2004, 02:49 AM
Going to start my first treatment in the morning. Anyone have any tips to pass along before I start. Wish me luck. Unfortunetly I was unable to catch my cleaner shrimp, so I guess this will be his last night. :cry: Good bye little buddy :sad:

ABreefkpr
08-07-2004, 10:30 AM
Before you start the treatment, try cutting the top off a 600ml of 1L pop bottle. Make sure it's clean and take the label off then put some food in it . Put the bottle near where your shrimp hang out and wait. It worked for me when my shrimp were picking on my Crocea.
Good Luck

Keith

Aquattro
08-07-2004, 02:18 PM
Personally, I'd be inclined to try a bit harder to get the shrimp out. The red bugs can wait a bit longer, I'm sure, and since the shrimp didn't put them there, it doesn't seem right it dies for them. Shrimps, being the greedy pigs they are, tend to be easy to catch in traps or nets baited with food.

Mitchell
08-09-2004, 01:19 AM
I have used it with great results. I lost 1 cleaner shrimp in the process.

Best of luck to you