PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Reefing Aspect Poll

jordsyke
02-26-2014, 08:56 PM
Please add your vote to the poll or your comment below

So what's your favorite aspect to the hobby?!?!

Physics with the flow, overflow, downflow, gyre flow, or any kind of flow. Piping in the ultimate sump,header, overflow or balancing light and heat. If you just love the way things move around then this is your favorite aspect

Chemistry with the water quality, perfecting an ocean like tank. Reactors, additives, dosers, and drips. If you love being a mad scientist then this is your favorite aspect

Biology with the growth. Watching, examining, learning, and loving the animals and plants within your little ocean paradise. If your a self proclaimed marine biologist then this is your favorite aspect

The TOYS. Sometimes expensive and sometimes a headache, but DAM are they cool. If you like all the gadgets and gizmos then this is your favorite aspect

OMFG DOze ColOrs are TRIPeeeeeeeeeee. Acans, zoas, plates, doughnuts, mushies, rics, SPS, lps, softies, nemZ, and all the rest. If you lose yourself in all the majesticness, then this is your favorite aspect

Other, maybe I didn't think of something or you just want to add to the convo :D

:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgr een::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Aquattro
02-26-2014, 09:47 PM
The art involved in building a natural reef.

Kraken
02-26-2014, 10:08 PM
For me, its the joy of being able to create and maintain an enclosed system of such an enormous volume of biodiversity. Just appreciating the amount of life inside a reef tank is astonishing sometimes and just gazing at it keeps me calm and collected from the stresses of life :mrgreen:, even though, from time to time, the tank becomes the stressor itself!

Reefer Rob
02-26-2014, 10:32 PM
All of the above :mrgreen:

To me reef keeping is where art meets science... more art than science.

Myka
02-26-2014, 10:40 PM
Biology - reproduction in particular. Chemistry is a close second.

Delphinus
02-26-2014, 10:44 PM
Def an "all of the above" for me. I can't think of many other pastimes that can involve so many different disciplines. The learning opportunities are endless.

jorjef
02-26-2014, 10:45 PM
Hoarding. As many corals as possible which really lends to an unnatural looking tank but meh... What da ya do.

Reefer Rob
02-26-2014, 10:52 PM
reproduction in particular.

Best to leave that statement alone I suppose.

Madreefer
02-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Def an "all of the above" for me. I can't think of many other pastimes that can involve so many different disciplines. The learning opportunities are endless.

Can I hop along on this one too? Same thoughts

Myka
02-26-2014, 11:00 PM
Best to leave that statement alone I suppose.

:lol: I don't have any kids!

MitchM
02-26-2014, 11:08 PM
Top three. Don't really care about the toys or colors. The toys are necessary to create the environment and the colors are, well, just colors.:)