PDA

View Full Version : Reef shops in Winnipeg?

DAVE
02-26-2014, 01:21 PM
I have to head to Winnipeg from March 10-14. Is there any Saltwater stores close to the airport? I don't have a vehicle so it would be a taxi ride from the Airport Hilton.

Not sure how much time I will have, but I may have a few hours to kill here and there.

LoJack
02-26-2014, 03:53 PM
I have to head to Winnipeg from March 10-14. Is there any Saltwater stores close to the airport? I don't have a vehicle so it would be a taxi ride from the Airport Hilton.

Not sure how much time I will have, but I may have a few hours to kill here and there.

Nothing really close to the airport at all.

Fish Gallery on Main Street and Selkirk is the biggest saltwater shop in the city, but stock truly depends on when you arrive. Right after an order there is usually a lot available … but stock moves quick.

Birdshop and Aquarium is also on Main a few blocks away … they have a few Saltwater tanks … but probably not worth a cab ride in my opinion.

Then you have Nestors on Portage … and he only has about 200 gallons of saltwater in his place.

Winnipeg doesn't have much in terms of a good Saltwater outlet … and In my opinion, nothing that is going to justify a $40 cab ride from the Airport to main street.

gatzke
03-01-2014, 06:01 PM
Nothing really close to the airport at all.

Fish Gallery on Main Street and Selkirk is the biggest saltwater shop in the city, but stock truly depends on when you arrive. Right after an order there is usually a lot available … but stock moves quick.

Birdshop and Aquarium is also on Main a few blocks away … they have a few Saltwater tanks … but probably not worth a cab ride in my opinion.

Then you have Nestors on Portage … and he only has about 200 gallons of saltwater in his place.

Winnipeg doesn't have much in terms of a good Saltwater outlet … and In my opinion, nothing that is going to justify a $40 cab ride from the Airport to main street.

+1

Oswald Reef
04-18-2014, 03:43 AM
Nestors on portage across from the grace hospital is starting to grow their saltwater section, and worth another look in my opinion. 2 young guys their trying to expand their reef section.

The Guy
07-06-2014, 06:23 AM
Nestors on portage across from the grace hospital is starting to grow their saltwater section, and worth another look in my opinion. 2 young guys their trying to expand their reef section.
I was just at Nestors on Portage today and spoke with Neal, seems really into building their saltwater section up, talked with him for a half hour about reefing in general terms. It seems to be a great up and coming reef store, and is worth a look for sure. :biggrin: