PDA

View Full Version : No Pressure from New CO2 Tank

Terrance Wong
09-21-2002, 12:54 AM
I just filled a brand new 10 lb co2 tank, and installed the regulator. The tank valve is on full, and even after turning the regulator on full, I'm getting no pressure reading at all.

The regulator is a M3, and I've checked and confirmed that the main valve is not bent in anyway.

I'm sure there's air in tank because it's significantely heavier than before, and when I brought it home, it was almost ice cold. The regulator was lent to me, and was working fine only a few days ago. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Terrance

StirCrazy
09-21-2002, 12:59 AM
which way did you turn your regulator valve? might be a stupid question but they are backwards..

Steve

Terrance Wong
09-21-2002, 01:19 AM
Hi Steve,

The tank valve is counter clockwise to open, and the regulator is clockwise to open. They're both labeled, and I've also tried both directions just to be sure :confused:

Terrance

pocilipora
09-21-2002, 01:27 AM
Take the regulator off and open the tank for a second to make sure its realy full or not. Should make a loud hissing sound. The tank was cold possibly due to a leak.

[ 20 September 2002, 21:32: Message edited by: pocilipora ]

Terrance Wong
09-21-2002, 06:56 AM
I'd like to thank Titus for coming by to take a look at the problem (it was a new canreef reactor). Of course, Murphy Law set in, and when he put it on, bingo it worked fine.

I'm extremely embarrassed about the whole thing.

Thanks again,

Terrance