PDA

View Full Version : 3 channel dosers

The Guy
02-20-2014, 06:15 AM
I'm looking for some input on dosers , what brand are you using?
The ones I'm considering are Vertex, Kameor, Bubble Magus, Aqua-medic stand alone units ,please give me your honest opinions such as user friendliness, parts availability and after sales help etc. etc.
Thanks in advance for any help and input you may be able to offer. :help:

gregzz4
02-20-2014, 06:30 AM
Hey Laurie

No idea what controller you're considering, so here's my opinion

I like the single head 1.1ml dosers that you used to pay for shipping from BRS, but you can now get from J&L

I use my RKE for dosing control - nice and easy

No BRS for parts, just get new tubes from Jeff when you need them, and that's it ....

gregzz4
02-20-2014, 06:34 AM
Oops, I shoulda linked what I meant

I like this unit (http://www.jlaquatics.com/phpstore/store_pages/product-info.php?product_ID=jl-dps066)for dosing

duncangweller
02-20-2014, 06:51 AM
I use the BRS dosers, pretty much the same as the JL ones. I like them.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Wheelman76
02-20-2014, 06:57 AM
I use the BRS drews dosers , they work great. They have a package deal on sale right now , two dosers and bulk cal , alk and mag.
http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/brs-2-part-calcium-alkalinity-total-package-with-dosers.html

Proteus
02-20-2014, 11:43 AM
I have a magic marine doser and it's been good. Easy to set up
No issues so far. There is a poll on here about dosers

BlueTang<3
02-20-2014, 12:27 PM
I have had a profulix slave doser, bubble magnus doser and now the vertex libra stepper.

The vertex libra is amazing so easy to program and set up, must admit the profulix is a quieter doser, but was more difficult to program. I can now walk up to the touch screen touch about 3 times and change the amount I am dosing. Proce was a little higher then the rest but I am very impressed with the doser so far.

riceboy
02-20-2014, 01:38 PM
I'm using the bubble magnus stand alone and love it, easy to program and i also have the expansion so can dose 7 different things currently having it dose alk, cal, mag, and a variaty of zeo products and food at night.

Reef Pilot
02-20-2014, 02:02 PM
I just use the cheapie (BRS type) dosers. They can only go off and on, and must be controlled either by a timer or a controller. I use two of them for my alk and Ca and are controlled by my Apex. I have a spare one, in case one of them craps out. But I don't see a need for a 3rd, as I manually dose my Mg with my water change every 3 weeks.

I like to control as much as I can through my Apex, as it is easier to do on my computer (or remotely through the internet), and easier to monitor. And I don't have to worry about power outages and resetting any timings.