PDA

View Full Version : Are mico bubbles harmful???

Simmy
02-19-2014, 12:29 AM
So as a last resort I dosed my rsm250 with chemi clean to get rid of cyano. The instructions say to leave skimmer on but it was going crazy so I turned it off for the next 48 hours. Cyano is gone, and I performed a 50% water change rather than the recommended 20%. Turned my skimmer back on and its producing lots of micro bubbles that's getting into my display. Its at it lowest setting so I can get some skimmate I think? So far nothing is traveling up the cup.

Are micro bubbles harmful to corals/fish? Should I turn my skimmer off? Will the chemi clean dissapate so that I can eventually turn it back on? Help???

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

reefwars
02-19-2014, 12:31 AM
the idea is to remove your skimmer cup and just let it overflow into the system, bubbles are to be expected and the idea is to provide the tank with extra oxygen as chemiclean lowers the oxygen levels in the tank

skimmer will go nuts for days and dialing it in seems endless lol

good luck

denny

Slyguy00
02-19-2014, 12:32 AM
No I don't think they are harmful, they are just irritating to look at. Pretty sure its good if anything as it adds oxygen to the water. But I could be wrong.

Proteus
02-19-2014, 12:43 AM
Just think of the surf crashing on the reefs. Lots of bubbles

Make sure you got some carbon going. And possibly more WC

Simmy
02-19-2014, 01:15 AM
OK, thanks for your replies. It looks like its snowing and it is irritating to look at while its doing this. I'll leave the cup off and let the bubbles go nuts I guess! Thanks again for confirmation!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk