PDA

View Full Version : Feeding Triggers

Locke
07-26-2004, 03:59 AM
Alright, which one of you punks has been informing people to feed their triggers freshwater feeder fish? It's one of the worst things you can do for a fish. I've heard that guys at a few stores in the valley/surrey area too have been, and it's very frustrating having to re-explain that it can cause disease and liver problems to their triggers and shorten the life span.

reefhawk
07-26-2004, 05:19 AM
have been thinking of an aggresive f/o tank with a trigger maybe an eel and or a lionfish. what do you think of such a plan and what would you reccommend for feeding?

Aquattro
07-26-2004, 05:19 AM
Sorry, no punks here. It must have been a different board. Good luck with your mission though, hope you find him or her (or them, or whatever).

Aquattro
07-26-2004, 05:31 AM
have been thinking of an aggresive f/o tank with a trigger maybe an eel and or a lionfish. what do you think of such a plan and what would you reccommend for feeding?

What Mr. Locke meant was that instead of feeding triggers goldfish, they should be fed a variety of fresh seafoods. Fish, clams, scallops, etc. My pinktail loved romaine. :rolleyes:
I once had a lion and a trigger together. The trigger kept stealing food from the lion's mouth, and often got poked in the process. Lions actually do better without fast aggresive fish stealing their food. Can't help ya with the eel idea. Many people do it, not sure how well.
Last thought...triggers are absolute pigs and will foul the water quickly. Good skimmers and water changes are a trigger's best friend!

Oh, and triggers love damsels.

kuatto
07-26-2004, 05:44 AM
Welcome to the board Locke :confused: sorry,no punks here :razz: just a few crazies who spend far too much on fishies :mrgreen:

Locke
07-26-2004, 06:53 AM
Didnt mean to come off sounding like an ass, I just can't believe that people still feed their Triggers & other SW Predators the dirtiest fish in the hobby. Fresh foods like mentioned above are perfect, and yes some do really love lettuce!