PDA

View Full Version : replacement for acan plus?

lastlight
02-11-2014, 07:25 PM
is there anything easily available that would be fed to the same corals in the same way?

i mix my acan plus up and baste it onto my acans and other lps. my softies seem to react positively to it as well.

we can't buy acan plus anymore so what other powderized lps/acan foods are people using?

gqlmao
02-11-2014, 07:30 PM
I am running into that problem, I have half a jar left and I am trying to use it as sparingly as possible. Its a atleast 2 years old but being dry it doesn't smell funky and the acans still love them :P. I have heard good things about reef roids but I am not 100 percent sure. I am looking for a future replacement as well.

lastlight
02-11-2014, 07:35 PM
i think fauna marin has something but i'm not sure?

Wretch
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Is this what you are looking for?

http://www.canadacorals.com/collections/dry-goods/products/fauna-marin-ultra-lps-grow-color

jorjef
02-11-2014, 07:59 PM
Might not be the medium you're looking for. I use Fauna Marin Ultra LPS grow plus color.. They have 2 pellet sizes and I like the medium.. There are little M or L etc. on the label by the bar code. No other indication on the label for pellet size. I would likely use Medium for acans

Or like he did ^^^^^^^^^^^

Ryanerickson
02-11-2014, 08:01 PM
What happened with acan plus is he not making it anymore?

lastlight
02-11-2014, 08:13 PM
i've been unable to get in touch with him. i don't think he's in the hobby at this point.

i think i could pulverize the ultra lps pellets and still feed that in the same way actually.

TimT
02-11-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi,

I have a dry food available that I feed to all my corals. It is micro encapsulated Pacifica Plankton with particle sizes from 1 micron to 60 microns. It is neutrally buoyant so will drift around with currents in the tank. It is good for target and broadcast feeding.

Price is $18.95 + tax for a 35gram bottle(about 2 ozs)

Pm me if your interested in trying some.

Cheers,
Tim

Wheelman76
02-11-2014, 09:56 PM
From what I've heard he has stopped making it , such a shame as it is a great food and my corals love it. I have tried reef roids and don't get the same feeding response from my acans. For those looking for a replacement for acan plus give Tim T's dry food a try , corals love it and its cool how it floats around instead of just sinking to the bottom. Certain corals like my dragon soul favia go nuts for Tim's dry food.

gqlmao
02-11-2014, 10:04 PM
This one isn't quite the same but I thought I would share. I currently use polyp lab's polyp booster, 2 drops of that stuff makes all my acans extend out their feeding tentacles like crazy and I find they have a faster and better reaction to feeding which I use that stuff prior to feeding. Polyp lab says its a feeding stimulant, its supposedly high in acids, protein and fats.