PDA

View Full Version : Aquacontroller users, Help

hawk
07-24-2004, 10:57 PM
Hi, I'm trying to set up the pager feature on the Aquacontroller2 with Aqanotes3, but I can't get it to work.On the pager set-up page the modem init string of AT&D2(the default) which according to the instructions should work for most modems does not work for mine. MY internal modem is a HAMR56k, I also have Telus ADSL with a D-Link, DSL-300G modem. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks

reefhawk
07-25-2004, 04:30 AM
does a controller really save any maintenance time? What are the advantages. I think I would be better offwith a controller rather than spending on a chiller i only use two months of the year. How easy/hard are they to use? I have read lots of manuals and product pages but would be interested in hearing form people who actually use tnem. I never see them for sale used. Does this mean everyone who buys them never sells them or no one really uses them? hope i am not breaching some ettiquette here by jumping someones topic. Just curious.

hawk
07-27-2004, 12:06 AM
I bought a controller for several reasons.
-to monitor and control ph after setting up a calcium reactor.
-I was using dial type timers that never seemed to work consistantly and became fed up with them. On/off functions with the controller so far have worked flawlessly and very easy to change.
-But the biggest reason I wanted one, was to be alerted when an alarm goes off. I have it set to send my cell phone an email if there is a alarm condition.
I have been using the controller for about a month and have had no problems with it. I have only started using the Aquanotes program the past few days, so besides the email notification I haven't used most of the features yet. Some of the features are, tank and livestock databases, tank condition logs and graphs,notebook, remote access,etc. There is also a wave feature that I have yet to use. What I learned before I bought mine was, the more you use it the more things you will think of, that it can used for. So far I'm pretty impressed.