PDA

View Full Version : JBJ ATO issue

htfn
02-06-2014, 09:54 AM
Does anyone have a problem with JBJ ATO? I'm using it more than 2 yrs and recently pump(maxi jet) will not stop at floating sensor in sump. If you happen to have this issue, please share your tips.
Thanks

makana
02-06-2014, 02:24 PM
Mine has never done that. What do the leds indicate? Maybe the float switch is bad. Are you using one or two? Did you check the switch for that to see if it has changed?

htfn
02-06-2014, 02:41 PM
Mine has never done that. What do the leds indicate? Maybe the float switch is bad. Are you using one or two? Did you check the switch for that to see if it has changed?

All LED lights are on. I guess floating fail sensor kicks in that's why it hasn't overflow. I'm using two floating switch. One is in sump and other is in freshwater reservoir tank. I checked them last night and I didn't find any problem. Maybe I need good cleaning.

makana
02-07-2014, 02:02 AM
Do the sensor lights go out if you manually move the float on either sensor? What if you unplug a sensor? Have you tried pulling power from the ATO and plugging it back in?

makana
02-07-2014, 02:08 AM
All LED lights are on. I guess floating fail sensor kicks in that's why it hasn't overflow.

Something doesn't make sense with that. If you have the switch set to mode A and sensor 1 is in your sump and 2 is in your reservoir then there shouldn't be a situation where all the LEDs are on. Sensor two should only light up if the reservior level drops and then it should shut off the pump. So if sensor two is on the pump should be off.

Is the switch set for mode A?

htfn
02-07-2014, 06:26 AM
Do the sensor lights go out if you manually move the float on either sensor? What if you unplug a sensor? Have you tried pulling power from the ATO and plugging it back in?

If I move float sensor doesn't do anything, but if I unplug it and plug back again then everything seem to be reset it. Sometimes back to normal operation sometimes pump starts to kick in.

htfn
02-07-2014, 06:30 AM
Something doesn't make sense with that. If you have the switch set to mode A and sensor 1 is in your sump and 2 is in your reservoir then there shouldn't be a situation where all the LEDs are on. Sensor two should only light up if the reservior level drops and then it should shut off the pump. So if sensor two is on the pump should be off.

Is the switch set for mode A?

Yeah, that's why I'm confuse. I believe that I set the switch for mode A.

makana
02-08-2014, 01:08 AM
If I move float sensor doesn't do anything, but if I unplug it and plug back again then everything seem to be reset it. Sometimes back to normal operation sometimes pump starts to kick in.

That doesn't sound good. Kind of sounds like it is freezing and works for a bit after being unplugged. Doesn't really sound like a simple fix.

htfn
02-08-2014, 07:35 AM
Do you clean those float sensor? I never clean them since I've installed.

makana
02-08-2014, 03:42 PM
I've cleaned them a couple times when they got stuck.

Stones
02-09-2014, 09:07 PM
I've had to replace the float sensor on my JBJ auto top off twice now and it's been running fine for over 7 years. I was having similar issues with the lights staying on and the pump not running. Float switches can be found for cheap on fleabay.

htfn
02-10-2014, 01:44 AM
I've cleaned both float sensor today, and see what happen. I might replace the float sensor as well. Thanks.

htfn
08-14-2014, 06:33 AM
This is old thread. My JBJ ATO was working fine until yesterday since first problem but somethings happen again. The pump doesn't stop. Both sensor 1 and 2 works fine but main controller fail. I'm thinking to get new ATO before disaster. What is your recommend? I've searched and Tunze Osmolatar seems really good one. Does anyone who own this ATO has any problem? All I see is good comments. Your information will be very helpful.
Thanks