PDA

View Full Version : Coraline Algae for sale?

robbyville
07-24-2004, 06:32 PM
Hi all,

Check out this link... a fellow on ebay selling scrapings of coraline? I have never heard of this before but am curious as to the suggestion that having coraline limits the amount of nuisance algae.

Does anyone know if this is true? We are having some problems with hair algae that does not seem to go away. But we have recently scraped off some of the coraline from the back of our tank...could this possibly be contributing to our hair algae problem?

Rob

muck
07-24-2004, 07:11 PM
Hi all,

Check out this link...
link?? :confused:

robbyville
07-24-2004, 09:00 PM
Well poop, I forgot to add the link and now I can't find it! I think that maybe the auction has ended.

But at any rate, this fellow had a picture of coraline on his tank and was selling for about $40 coraline algae scrapings! He also stated that coraline seeding helps your tank to grow new coraline and also helps to reduce nuisance algae.

True?

Scavenger
07-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Well poop, I forgot to add the link and now I can't find it! I think that maybe the auction has ended.

But at any rate, this fellow had a picture of coraline on his tank and was selling for about $40 coraline algae scrapings! He also stated that coraline seeding helps your tank to grow new coraline and also helps to reduce nuisance algae.

True?

TRUE, but......$40 a scraping is absurd. Most folks will help someone out with free scrapings. That's why we are a reefing community and not a bunch of reefing enterprises.

robbyville
07-24-2004, 09:28 PM
Yep, I thought it a little weird.

We have a fair bit of coraline in our tank but removed much of it off the back recently. I wonder if that has any bearing on our present hair algae problems?

robert
07-24-2004, 10:38 PM
This (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=46308&item=4312474201&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW) guy?

robbyville
07-25-2004, 05:17 PM
That's the one!