PDA

View Full Version : JBJ Mini Cubey LED Series 3 Gallon Aquarium

ashr
02-04-2014, 05:07 PM
Hey all

I am thinking of setting up a little nano tank for something different from my main tank.

Has anyone tried this new little unit out? Any pros or cons you wish to share??

Let me know ;)

Thank you

Adrenaline101
02-04-2014, 05:14 PM
There's a review in the nano tank section where a member had nothing but problems with poor quality control issues, rusting screws, multiple led failures, etc.

ashr
02-04-2014, 05:18 PM
There's a review in the nano tank section where a member had nothing but problems with poor quality control issues, rusting screws, multiple led failures, etc.

Oh damn, that's not good. I'll check it out..

Can anyone recommend a 3-4 gallon nano that works well?

Thanks!

Adrenaline101
02-04-2014, 05:26 PM
I looked over a bunch of options before i bought my spec v, the main factor I found is almost everything that's not custom designed will need the lights to be upgraded to grow corals. I've read mixed things on the ecopico with ecoxotic lighting about whether it can grow anything or not.
If you're shopping at a "big box store" the main options are going to be the fluval spec or aqueon evolve series.

ashr
02-04-2014, 06:06 PM
I looked over a bunch of options before i bought my spec v, the main factor I found is almost everything that's not custom designed will need the lights to be upgraded to grow corals. I've read mixed things on the ecopico with ecoxotic lighting about whether it can grow anything or not.
If you're shopping at a "big box store" the main options are going to be the fluval spec or aqueon evolve series.

thanks for in the info. The Fluval seems nice, from the ones I've looked at the stores

Adrenaline101
02-04-2014, 06:11 PM
Check out my spec v setup in the nano section. Siliconing a slot and the skimmer mod to the overflow are the main start up recommendations I can make for a fowlr setup. The acrylic tops are kinda cheap but actually controls evaporation very nicely.