PDA

View Full Version : ATO Chamber or 'Fuge?

ronau
02-04-2014, 02:50 PM
Hello,

I have an ~7 gallon chamber in my new sump that was meant for an ATO reservoir, I had it notched so it would overflow into the skimmer chamber. Now would you use it for an ATO reservoir or a 'fuge? I am leaning towards a 'fuge since it' would be easier to set up an external ATO reservoir than a 'fuge.

Thanks,

Ron

LoJack
02-04-2014, 02:59 PM
Yes, I would use it for a fuge as well. Easy to set up an external ATO. And the benefits of a fuge are huge … pardon the rhymery lol

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-04-2014, 06:31 PM
I would also lean towards a fuge. I like my external ATO system (5 gallon salt bucket cause I know it won't dump a huge amount of fw into the system even if it malfunctions and easier to fill up). I have almost a third of my 90g wide sump set up as a fuge section, just before the return pump section so if I have any pods or live mysis there, they provide a free snack to my fish in the display once in a while, which I'm sure my fish love.

Seriak
02-04-2014, 06:45 PM
I used mine as an ATO as I had no room left under the stand for an ATO, if I used it as a Fuge. If I had a bucket sitting next to the tank for my ATO, the wife would have shot me.

wayner
02-04-2014, 06:56 PM
I used mine as an ATO as I had no room left under the stand for an ATO, if I used it as a Fuge. If I had a bucket sitting next to the tank for my ATO, the wife would have shot me.

My wife really appreciates my 15 gallon ATO food grade container aka garbage can, sitting beside the tank - she lives with it cause it's in the playroom., next sump will have both - going to hide the gun :biggrin:

SeaHorse_Fanatic
02-04-2014, 09:57 PM
That's the big question. Do you have room to hide an external ATO reservoir?

I do:biggrin:

ronau
02-05-2014, 12:01 AM
That's the big question. Do you have room to hide an external ATO reservoir?

I do:biggrin:

Hiding isn't crucial, it's in my office at home so the wife really doesn't care.

Maybe I will set up a QT tank beside my DT and then I can have my ATO reservoir below my QT tank.