PDA

View Full Version : Is there frozen Cyclopeeze available anywhere in Calgary?

EmilyB
02-02-2014, 04:44 AM
Please let me know. :mrgreen:

Skimmer Juice
02-02-2014, 05:44 AM
I got the frozen brick from wai's it was around $25 .

EmilyB
02-02-2014, 08:36 PM
Gah, anywhere but Wai's.... :lol:

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll send hubby.

Coasting
02-02-2014, 08:42 PM
http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=104255

Skimmer Juice
02-02-2014, 09:37 PM

lol I hate going there to. Its the only place I could find it minus those annoying packs that are half pe mysis. Maybe pisces

CM125
02-03-2014, 03:09 PM

Whats wrong with wais? lol

hfp75
02-03-2014, 04:26 PM
Cyclopeeze.... is efficiently served, and most affordably served dried from a round can. If you are going to do this make sure you buy a $3.50 feeding ring from Pieces - otherwise it will quickly flow into the overflow and be useless - try it you will agree in 15 seconds.

The feeding ring allows it to stay on the water surface and not drain away. It will also allow a controlled delivery over time into the tank (way better).

Frozen Cyclopeeze is more expensive and no better a product. Dehydrated space food doesn't bother fish... use the freeze dried - just get a feeding ring for $3.50

As for where to get the frozen - only place I have seen it on its own and not packaged with even more expensive mysis is Wais.... some folks like Danny and others don't... but you don't need to waist the cash on frozen....

EmilyB
02-04-2014, 03:38 AM
I'm after it for the bangaii kids, I don't want it to float or be on a ring. Can I feed frozen from a syringe?

EmilyB
02-04-2014, 03:46 AM
Whats wrong with wais? lol

I just love going in there to be greeted with attitude from behind the counter, while I walk through and count the dead fish he can't be bothered to remove from the tanks....ugh.

Hey, you asked!

Adrenaline101
02-04-2014, 03:50 AM
Frozen can be fed by syringe, mix tank water in till you get the desired mixture, suck it up and squirt away.

EmilyB
02-04-2014, 04:24 AM

CM125
02-05-2014, 10:21 PM
I just love going in there to be greeted with attitude from behind the counter, while I walk through and count the dead fish he can't be bothered to remove from the tanks....ugh.

Hey, you asked!

Very strange, I have the complete opposite experience there... i would recommend to anyone.

I understand where your coming from though, I personally dont like Red Coral, but lots of people on here love it

MitchM
02-07-2014, 10:13 PM
Very strange, I have the complete opposite experience there... i would recommend to anyone....

Yep, same here.

Hi Deb.:smile:

asylumdown
02-07-2014, 10:17 PM
Very strange, I have the complete opposite experience there... i would recommend to anyone.

I understand where your coming from though, I personally dont like Red Coral, but lots of people on here love it

Has it opened again? I thought RC Calgary had been closed for nearly 2 years?

MitchM
02-07-2014, 10:34 PM
Has it opened again? I thought RC Calgary had been closed for nearly 2 years?

It would be news to me if they have reopened.
:question:

EmilyB
02-08-2014, 12:23 AM
It's probably that whole "women should be in the kitchen" thing......:lol: :wink:

Hi Mitch!

airdrie5
02-13-2014, 11:42 PM
I thought I should jump in and give my opinions on Wais.

I have been religiously giving Danny at Wais my business over the years and will continue to do so.
He knows his stuff, takes the time to explain his methods and ideas (experience is worth the visit alone).

I have never experienced anything other than a great shopping, visiting, brain picking sessions every time we visit Danny. He is a one man operation and that alone deserves respect for the time and effort he puts in.

Doors close at 7pm...he continues to work into the late evening which shows his dedication to his clients and their hobby. We live outside of Calgary, when we venture into Calgary on a coral or hardware hunt, the road always leads to Wais.

Keep up the great work Danny, your dedication and commitment to your clients continues to shine over the many many years you have devoted to the community and our hobby.