PDA

View Full Version : IDs please

CMarty01
02-01-2014, 08:59 PM
I bought a full setup from a lady who hadn't taken care of her tank in a long time. Aiptasia and algae everywhere. I scrubbed out the tank, threw out all the sand-bed, replaced the live rock with clean stuff I got from another member, so the display should be free from any pests. I have saved the old live rock and have it in a bucket with two peppermint. I had previously 'cooked' the rock for a few weeks and been using my wifes creme brule torch to eradicate the aiptasia. Its seems to be working really good so far as I haven't seem a single pest for a while now. There seems to be lots of good stuff worth saving on the rocks, but was just wondering what these two are and if the are good or not?

ID1 is some sort of bug
ID2 looks similar to aiptasia, but seems to have balls on the end of the testicles instead of long fingers.

ashr
02-01-2014, 11:23 PM
I bought a full setup from a lady who hadn't taken care of her tank in a long time. Aiptasia and algae everywhere. I scrubbed out the tank, threw out all the sand-bed, replaced the live rock with clean stuff I got from another member, so the display should be free from any pests. I have saved the old live rock and have it in a bucket with two peppermint. I had previously 'cooked' the rock for a few weeks and been using my wifes creme brule torch to eradicate the aiptasia. Its seems to be working really good so far as I haven't seem a single pest for a while now. There seems to be lots of good stuff worth saving on the rocks, but was just wondering what these two are and if the are good or not?

ID1 is some sort of bug
ID2 looks similar to aiptasia, but seems to have balls on the end of the testicles instead of long fingers.

First one looks like a bristle worm and the 2nd looks like a Aiptasia

/what-to-do-with-bristle-worms/ (http://www.thereeftank.com/blog/what-to-do-with-bristle-worms/)

Aiptasia Information and Control (http://www.saltyunderground.com/pages.php?pID=11)

CMarty01
02-01-2014, 11:37 PM
I agree with you on the bristle worm, but can't find any pics of glass anemometer or aiptasia that look like my pic. The tentacles are different.

Thanks for helping

Skimmer Juice
02-02-2014, 12:29 AM
possibly a ball tip or strawberry anemone

CMarty01
02-02-2014, 12:55 AM
Thanks ball tip it is. Doesn't sound like that are a big problem.

Myka
02-02-2014, 02:34 AM
but seems to have balls on the end of the testicles instead of long fingers.

Holy crap that is hilarious!!! :spit: Balls, testicles, and long fingers all in one sentence - I love it! Thanks for the laugh, but now I have wine on my laptop.

CMarty01
02-02-2014, 02:44 AM
Haha, freakin auto correct.

Myka
02-02-2014, 02:52 AM
Haha, freakin auto correct.

Sure.... ;)