PDA

View Full Version : One of those days

Maverick00
01-31-2014, 05:54 PM
Well it started off yesterday when my metal halide didnt turn on at the usual time. I suspected a bulb and decided I would change it the next day (had to go to work). This morning I started taking the fixture off the tank and knocked the fish feeder into the water (whoops). As im watching the fish feeder slowing sink, bubble and trying to dispense food, im now trying to untangle the MH cords that somehow wrapped themselves around the CPR Overflow. After untangling the cords and grabbing the fish feeder out of the water I realize the aquapump that keeps the air bubbles out of the CPR has failed. No problem Ill get a new one today. As im replacing the bulb on the MH fixture, the water level of the sump caught my eye. Sob, forgot to turn the ATO unit back on after the water change at the beginning of the week. After flicking the ATO back on I reattach the MH unit and fish the cords in and around the stand. I grab my phone and using the Apex App I turn the MH 'On'.... no dice.. looks like the ballast might be toast. /rant