PDA

View Full Version : whats up with vertex

babnika
01-31-2014, 03:25 AM
I ordered an alpha 250 skimmer over a month ago. Vender says he still has not received it . Will there be a shipment any time soon :question:

Werbo
01-31-2014, 04:52 AM
I was shopping for a skimmer before Christmas. You know that the Vertex Alpha Line was designed by Royal Exclusiv (company that makes Bubble Kings) and come with Red Dragon pumps. During my research I found out that Vertex and RE and had a falling out. Vertex AlphaCones will no longer have the RE Red Dragon pumps and probably some other changes as well.

Since then Vertex has decided to source there own pumps and have reportedly run into production problems.

Personally I would cancel my order as your new Vertex AlphaCone will be a whole "new animal." Who knows about the quality.

I got lucky and was able to find a used AlphaCone with the Red Dragon pump.

albert_dao
01-31-2014, 07:54 AM
New Alpha Cones are actually nicer than the RE ones. Pump is more or less identical with minor improvements.

There's a shipment planned for the first week of Feb.

babnika
01-31-2014, 03:03 PM
New Alpha Cones are actually nicer than the RE ones. Pump is more or less identical with minor improvements.

There's a shipment planned for the first week of Feb.
thanks for that reply makes me feel a little better. I have the vertex Vectra for it .Just another peace in the puzzle .I thought fishing taught me patience until reef keeping .

Spyd
01-31-2014, 03:22 PM
I waited for over 6 months for an Alphacone when I was first purchasing my skimmer. This was 2 years ago now though. I was able to swindel a deal with the distibutor and got a BK Supermarin 200 for the same price because I was right ****ed off... I couldn't believe how long they had people waiting for this line.

lastlight
01-31-2014, 03:41 PM
I almost did the same thing. To make matters worse I then purchased one of the new and "improved" Deltecs. :twised:

babnika
02-17-2014, 09:42 PM
got my skimmer :biggrin:

Ron99
02-18-2014, 12:39 AM
New ones are probably better as I heard there were quality control issues with RE manufacturing.