PDA

View Full Version : Anyone EVER succeeded fighting Marine Velvet/Amyloodinium?

bulletsworld
07-22-2004, 07:53 PM
Reading tons of articles on this disease, which I have in one of my QT tanks. This is a new disease to me & apparently kills fast. Not sure I'm going to make it through this. I have copper sensitive fish. Cowfish & Porcupine puffer.

Treatment calls for copper or Chloroquuine diphosphate (no idea where to get this stuff)

Give me hope....

:question: Has anyone ever successfully treated this parasite? :question:

:question: What method did you use? :question:

I've never used copper and quite frankly it scares me. :frown:

trilinearmipmap
07-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Double post -- error.

trilinearmipmap
07-22-2004, 08:12 PM
Chloroquine is a prescription drug. A veterinarian may be able to prescribe it for you.

bulletsworld
07-22-2004, 10:32 PM
Hmm....never thought of that. Thanks

:question: Has anyone ever successfully treated this parasite? :question:

:question: What method did you use? :question:

Or tell me you lost the battle at one time, so I don't feel alone... :sad:

Bob I
07-22-2004, 10:48 PM
I am pretty sure that is what I had in my Qtank. I had purchased two newly imported true percs. They developed this disease within two weeks. The disease did not respond to anything I tried. I was foced to move the tank downstairs to get away from overheating, and lost the fish within 24 hours.

Strangely enough there was one fish left in the dealer's tank which survived. I bought it, and it is still going strong today. :rolleyes:

bulletsworld
07-23-2004, 08:32 AM
Yeah could be. Hard to say.

:question: So no one has ever fought the Velvet? :question:

Stirfry
07-24-2004, 12:40 AM
i got ride of it in my 80 reef tank on a perc clown and all i used was garlic and vitiman c and a vita mix of some sort??!!

might help

bulletsworld
07-24-2004, 06:26 AM
I will try thanks for your advice.

Also for those here reading this & following along, I have a link to another forum on this subject. Welcome to join in.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=406959