PDA

View Full Version : Free Sump Crab(s)

Beverly
07-22-2004, 05:11 PM
Holy &#%$@ :eek: Reached into my tub of LR and pulled out a piece with this honkin' huge crab holding onto it. Thought it was going to crawl up my arm while I was trying to figure out how to get it off the rock :eek: It's about 2" wide, black, with dangerous-looking claws. Have never seen anything like it before. It's in a bucket with an inch of water at the moment. May find more during aquascaping the 120g, which is going really, really slow :sad:

Anybody wanting this and any other crabs I find let me know. Pick up only.

muck
07-22-2004, 05:19 PM
Can you snap a pic of it??

kuatto
07-22-2004, 07:24 PM
Bev,give me a call,I wouldn't mind going and pick them up.

ABreefkpr
07-22-2004, 11:42 PM
I think I found some of his old claws in the sand I got :eek:

Beverly
07-23-2004, 01:48 AM
No, those are claws from some "nice" crabs we have in the tank. Hope they're still in there :eek: This crab must be from the new LR we bought last weekend. Freaked the heck out of me when I found it :eek:

Did the tanks and stands make it okay? Nobody robbed your garage while you were sleeping :mrgreen:

muck
07-29-2004, 05:27 PM
Hey bev,

I noticed a couple more crabs in some of that rock I got from you...
Just little guys though (size of a dime). One of them already jumped out of his skin. :razz:.
Ill have to keep an eye on these guys...

Beverly
07-29-2004, 08:13 PM
What colour are these crabs?

muck
07-29-2004, 08:15 PM
kind of a tan color... look a little fuzzy like with black tipped claws.

also noticed a tiny snail... :biggrin:

Beverly
07-29-2004, 08:19 PM
Oh, good. You got some that I didn't want anyway. Did you find any dark blue crabs the size of a nickel? These are blue porcelain (spelling??) crabs and are good ones to have in the tank. Still hope I have the two I used to have :frown: