PDA

View Full Version : Intestinal Worms or Parasites

LeanneP
01-27-2014, 11:24 PM
I have a fish with stringy poop and I have done two treatments of prazipro for two weeks in a row. One fish is still showing signs. Should I do a third treatment in a row or stop for a week and do another week after? Anyone have any experience in this and what worked best? Is there any other medication that works well for this? All fish are eating and don't seem to be stressed at all.

Leanne

pinkreef
01-28-2014, 04:07 PM
i up the amount of nori and it seems to clean out the gut

Myka
01-28-2014, 04:55 PM
Stringy poop can also be constipation. Feed some nori If they will eat It or algae-based pellets/frozen food.

Sent from my Dungeon using mad Ninja Skillz.

LeanneP
01-28-2014, 11:40 PM
Constipation would be much better than worms!! The coral beauty doesn't eat nori but I will try some pellets.

Coralgurl
01-29-2014, 03:40 PM
I am having the same issues as Leanne with the worms. I dosed Prazipro 3 times as well. I saw Myka's suggestion regarding constipation and although I do feed nori, likely not as often as I should, I will increase the frequency and see if this helps.

The fish eat like pigs and the tangs are constantly grazing the rocks. I only notice this has affected my sailfin and yellow tang - these two swim together all the time and one will eat the other's poops, including the stringy bits.

Haven't noticed my other fish are affected, all are fat and seem healthy.