PDA

View Full Version : My first RTN :(

SoloSK71
01-26-2014, 07:39 PM
Lost the bottom third of my ORA bird's nest overnight :(

I fragged off the top about half an inch above the healthy tissue and will see what happens.

I read a lot but there does not seem to be a consensus on what causes it. All parameters are good and the only thing different is the tank temperature is 82° when it is normally 80°

Charles

Albertareefer51
01-26-2014, 08:42 PM
Running Zeo by chance? Or any nutrient lowering product?
Low potassium will
Cause issues in birds nest!! Just a thought!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SoloSK71
01-26-2014, 11:21 PM
Nope, I have a mixed LPS, SPS and others tank. I don't have a Potassium test but I do water changes every 7 to 10 days so it should be good.

Charles

daniella3d
01-28-2014, 01:05 AM
One thing that cure the RTN for me each time is a 2 to 3 minutes dip in Furan2. This product can be bought from Big Al Online Canada. I get the small pouch and I use about half a pouch in 100mm to 200mm of tank water. I stir the mix well and then dip the coral in this for a few minutes. works great each time for me.

It does nothing for slow tissue necrosis because that's not caused my a bacteria, but rapid tissue necrosis is very often caused by a bacteria and Furan2 is the best thing so far that have worked for me.

I used also Peroxyde but that often is too hard on the coral whereas Furan2 is very gentle.

SoloSK71
01-29-2014, 01:26 AM
At 6 inches in height and more in width that was not an option :(

Charles