PDA

View Full Version : Delivery times

Toongraeme
01-22-2014, 03:04 AM
Hi, was just wondering what the average delivery time is from you guys?

gqlmao
01-22-2014, 03:57 AM
Bulk Reef Supply only ships Canadian orders on Friday, so if you ordered lets say today it will ship on this Friday. It usually reaches my house around the following Friday. So 5 business days.

Toongraeme
01-22-2014, 04:07 AM
Nightmare! I ordered last Tuesday because I saw 'order before certain time, ships today!'

gqlmao
01-22-2014, 04:55 AM
Yup, unfortunately thats how they work. Here is what they say:

All Canadian orders received before Thursday @ midnight are shipped on Friday. The shipping program we use to save you brokerage fees only allows us to ship on Fridays. Canadian orders will arrive at your door with no extra fees due. Here's how: BulkReefSupply.com pays all brokerage charges out of our pocket to UPS. We also pay the GST, customs duties, and other Canadian government fees. However these are passed on to the customer via a flat 15% Canadian tax assessed at checkout on our site. In a nut shell, we pay brokerage and you still pay your government fees, but you know the cost up front and there is no surprise bill presented when the package is delivered at your door. The 15% tax rate is based on the Ports of Entry our shipments pass through Canadian Customs and on the duties required on the wide variety of products we ship to Canada. Please note all prices on BulkReefSupply.com are in US dollars, not Canadian. Canadian orders are not eligible for any Free Shipping offer. We are unable to send some items to Canada (All fish or coral food, as well as pukani, tonga, fiji, and shelf rock). If these items are on an order they will be cancelled and refunded.

Toongraeme
01-22-2014, 05:18 AM
Haha, fair do's.... Thanks for that. Only a couple more days then lol. Teach me not to read the small print

Magickiwi
01-22-2014, 01:56 PM
BRS is really only a viable option if you're buying stuff you can't find where you are. 15% flat rate more than covers what you'd save by ordering in bulk from them. For high ticket items like lighting, etc. it just doesn't make any sense. Order a Vertex 260 and that $2259 fixture becomes almost $2600... ($2400 at J&L even though they won't have it in stock)

FishyFishy!
03-28-2014, 04:05 PM
Have to add here...

Ordered a small order of 2 True Union check valves, and 4 1" uniseals on Friday March 14th. UPS Tracking info says that it FINALLY left Minnesota yesterday (03/27/2014). It arrived today in Seattle Washington (03/28/2014)....Highly doubt I will see this any time soon.

Hasn't even cleared customs after 2 weeks!!!

Order was $45.54, Shipping was $23.97 and BRS tax was $7.29 = $76.80

This is my first time ordering from BRS... EXTREMELY dissapointed to pay that much and not have a package after two weeks. Why does it not even leave where BRS is located for 13 days? Just silly. If they didn't have everything that no one else has I would never order from them again. But until someone in Canada steps up their game, we're all stuck.

scott_r
04-11-2014, 08:15 PM
Have to add here...

Ordered a small order of 2 True Union check valves, and 4 1" uniseals on Friday March 14th. UPS Tracking info says that it FINALLY left Minnesota yesterday (03/27/2014). It arrived today in Seattle Washington (03/28/2014)....Highly doubt I will see this any time soon.

Hasn't even cleared customs after 2 weeks!!!

Order was $45.54, Shipping was $23.97 and BRS tax was $7.29 = $76.80

This is my first time ordering from BRS... EXTREMELY dissapointed to pay that much and not have a package after two weeks. Why does it not even leave where BRS is located for 13 days? Just silly. If they didn't have everything that no one else has I would never order from them again. But until someone in Canada steps up their game, we're all stuck.

And when UPS gets to your door they are gonna ding you with a $25 brokerage fee.

UPS bends Canadians over and you know what...

Magickiwi
04-11-2014, 08:32 PM
And when UPS gets to your door they are gonna ding you with a $25 brokerage fee.

UPS bends Canadians over and you know what...

Actually BRS pays the brokerage fee up front for you but they charge a fee of 15% on every purchase.

However UPS will certainly try to bend you over whenever they can. I would never order from the US if the retail scene in Canada had the same products available and weren't charging as much of a premium for the products (beyond exchange rates and a bit extra for shipping costs).

Ginu
04-29-2014, 10:51 PM
I know for some this might be a little far, but the orders can be picked up in US.

I go there every two weeks shopping and pick up BRS orders at my mailbox... best thing ever.

hfp75
04-30-2014, 04:23 AM
I priced a bunch of stuff through BRS and by the time I paid all the fees it was gonna cost more than here... Backwards eh... and so I just cancelled my order... What a waist of time it all was...

duncangweller
04-30-2014, 04:29 AM
I know for some this might be a little far, but the orders can be picked up in US.

I go there every two weeks shopping and pick up BRS orders at my mailbox... best thing ever.

+1. I do the same. Whenever I order stuff I drive across the line and go grab it at a mailbox. Not an option for all but saves shipping and extra fees.

Although with the dollar not being so great at the moment ordering from here in Canada actually works out a bit cheaper on a lot of stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Ginu
04-30-2014, 04:16 PM
+1. I do the same. Whenever I order stuff I drive across the line and go grab it at a mailbox. Not an option for all but saves shipping and extra fees.

Although with the dollar not being so great at the moment ordering from here in Canada actually works out a bit cheaper on a lot of stuff.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Yup the $ is really taking a toll on us, however I still find better deals in US considering the sales they seem to run,l no tax and free shipping over 175$... also some items just dont make it to Canada.

Last week BRS ran a 10% off sale and free shipping in US for orders of 175$ vs the higher prices + tax @JL for example.