PDA

View Full Version : rare highend zoanthids group buy from the states!!!

reefwars
01-12-2014, 07:35 PM
Clagary zoanthids group buy

Hey guys

I am putting together an order with a company in the states for highend and rare zoanthids , pretty much any zoo you can think of is available and stuff youve never seen before or thought was available ......some of the stock is blow your mind crazy lol

This group buy is for Calgary only , outside of Calgary is welcome but rags must be picked up on delivery day no exceptions or holds for longer than a day.
Cut off is for feb 15th and orders will need to be paid in full by feb 20th to myself as i will spear head the order , in order to qualify payment has to be paid by feb 20th. we will be shipping sometime between the 20th and the 28th of feb.
I am going to spear head the group buy and have been in talks for about a month now trying to smooth out all the details and i pretty much have it all figure out....quite the emails lol
As a group buy we will get %30 off the retail price before taxes, so pick out all your zoas on the shopping cart and then deduct %30 off the total.
I am still figuring out how much taxes are but shipping is covered so its only the product cost for those who want to join.

Shipping is free and will be picked up by me , all corals are to be picked up the day they arrive and will be floated upon arrival until picked up. I cannot hold corals for longer than a day so keep this in mind.

There are some risks involved and its up to you to decide if you can take that risk.There are no DOA credit , while everything will be packaged to survive a 3 day trip( 72 hr heat paks) coolers etc. And bags will be marked and triple bagged and shipping is only about 12hrs they cannot guarantee international orders.so as it stands right now please only order an amount you can comfortably order knowing theres always a chance of a doa.we have taken care of all cutoms fees using a broker and have our tracks covered.

Because of the size of the order i am currently in talks about a 1 time doa credit that we can apply for as a group, i will know more in the next few days about this as well the taxes in that state.
Because i have to pay for everything myself i cannot order for you unless you pay in full by the 20th.

Orders have to be sent to me by the feb15th and in which case our orders will be confirmed and finalized by the 20th.
We have been given a special privelage so that anything on the site that is marked as sold out will be available to us as well as some stuff that isn’t on the site yet , i will have pics sent to my email this week for the corals that are not on the site , we are going all out both myself and the exporting company , this is something that i will do reguarily so both myself and the company are taking great care to make sure everything goes smooth on this order so that future orders will take place.
This is for mostly highend frags , while there is no limit on orders be fairly warned this type of collector stuff fetches this type of collector price , most are by polyp or two polyps . again keep in mind that when you tally up your shopping cart that we as a group buy will get 30% off.all other fees are covered by me already

Orders will be placed by phone and using a spreadsheet through email that ways we can order the out of stock items , i have a groupbuy coupon to use when the time comes.

All orders must be sent to me , please include what you want to order , how many polyps and the cost of the polyps....a screen shot or link to the site shopping cart page is welcome then i can transfer to excel spreadsheet for you
Normally i do this kind of thing by myself but figured i would offer this to the public as i can only order so much and mine will be a long ways away from fragging .

As it stands with myself and a few others we are already over $5000.00 but invite anyone who wanst to to join in with us.

Again theres a risk to be had , while i am working on reducing the risk none the less it is there so please be cautious as its quick to get carried away with a high total lol.......basically don’t blame me if you go poor lol
Since this GB is from a non sponsor i will keep the name of the company and those who are interested in joining or viewing the stock and prices to myself so if you would like to participate please pm me for the info.

Please keep comments off this thread and any info is available by emailing myself, i will try to reply quickly.

This type of order doesn’t happen very often and it took alot of talking and negotiations on my part to get this rolling , please do not waste my time so i ask only serious buyers contact me.

Again this is only for Calgary area , pick up is on the same day and if your from out of town you can still join provided you pick up the corals that day or have someone pick them up on your behalf.

I am taking the largest risk as i am into this for a few grand , i wouldn’t take the risk if i didn’t know people and companys in Canada who have dealt with them in the past , at this point i feel we are good to go and after many talks we have a date lined up and agreements made for a discount and group buys are welcome.

Please email me any questions and i will do my best to reply promptly 

More info will be available in the coming days, please read the above carefully before emailing me anything. Also do not email me orders until the 20th or close to as i will have more stock later this week , oce i get the pics ill email them to everyone to view or order

hope i didnt leave anything out lol

please pm me for company info if you would like to join :)
Anyways hope to hear from you!!

Cheers

denny

reefwars
01-12-2014, 08:31 PM
pm's replied to , dont be afraid to ask any questions guys and gals ill do my best to answer your questions or direct your questions to the supplier:)

remember all are welcome!!

cheers

denny

reefermadness
01-13-2014, 02:29 AM
No other comment but did you really have to make the font so big and bold?? ;)

Coral Hoarder
01-13-2014, 03:16 AM
damit I knew this wouldn't be Vancouver lol

so wheres the list to order from I know I have to sit this out but im curyus to see what kinda stuff they have

EDIT sory just ignore my coment u said to pm u lol

EmilyB
01-13-2014, 03:17 AM
That is REALLY hard to read, LOL!

EmilyB
01-13-2014, 04:08 AM
so pick out all your zoas on the shopping cart

I'm having trouble finding a link to a shopping cart?

reefwars
01-13-2014, 03:04 PM
hey guys

got wayyyyyy more emails than i thought lol ill try getting back to everyone this morning , emails will be in priority sequence.

emily please pm me for info to website etc.

cheers

denny

reefwars
01-13-2014, 03:41 PM
sent everyone a pm if you never got a pm please pm me again to get a reply.

i will post some more basic info this afternoon or as i get it.

currently trying to get a better discount as it seems this group buy will be large so will post on that today as well.

there are several people in edmonton and in red deer who are interested for out of town orders and being picked up in calgary i will try to keep everyones seperate on a spread sheet.

if you are from out of town feel free to post your interest here and organize a pick up for your towns group.

please dont post what you are ordering , the amount or where it is from , links etc etc.......lets respect the forumn rules so we can do this again.

i think we are going to do this in the way of order numbers , as the orders come in i will assign an order number

exp:

denny- order # 001

john doe- order # 002

jane doe - order # 003

i will assign the order numbers as they are sent to me starting on the 15th of february at 7am , orders will be finalized in the coming days and filled out in order starting from 001. any orders sent to me before 7am on feb15th will need to be resent at the correct time and date to get a early order number.

if you suddenly drop out of the order then next in line takes your place etc.

since me and a few others started this we are reserving order numbers 001-004 .......sorry but perks of the job lol

because im sure things will become less available as the order grows in numbers it has to be done like this to be fair to everyone.

again please read the first post.

we have no set date for shipping yet , so if your days are restricted this may not be for you , i am giving up what day it comes regardless of the date so anyone who is in is expected to follow.

for those out of town we will have a date set here as fast as i can will try for this today or tomorrow:)

thats it for now , shop and enjoy.

cheers

denny

reefwars
01-13-2014, 03:47 PM
lets keep this very simple guys:)

its an open group buy for any amount you like, pick up is in calgary and only at one location....i am not meeting people at the airport lol concept is a few blocks from the airport so shouldnt be hassle going the few extra blocks for your frags;)

go to the website

shop for your picks, and write them down. the webite will tell you in your cart what your retail total is.....it is then discounted for the amount we reach ( 30% atm)

on feb 15th at 7am send your orders to me , i will start going through emails by time and the first ones in get the first order numbers.

i will submit orders to the company and they will be filled out in order and confrimed order by order.

by the 20th i would like to have all orders finalized and in route shortly after that.

package will arrive in calgary you will have untill that evening to pick them up.

pick up will be at concept aquariums, no exceptions...........coffee and pizza is welcome for out troubles though lol

cheers

denny

Myka
01-13-2014, 08:30 PM
Aren't group orders fun Denny? :p

reefwars
01-13-2014, 08:33 PM
Aren't group orders fun Denny? :p

oh man i shoulda known lol i kinda got a head ache already :P

reefwars
01-15-2014, 07:44 PM
ok guys got some more info

looks like we will be eligible for doa credit provided we follow the normal doa policy and it will be credited with an in store credit that can be used on your next order. this is pretty standard for any shipper.

ok so i tried for the extra discount and well with the work required its topped out at %30

here is the quoted texts i got from the company:

"We can replace any DOAs free of charge for your customers, they will be replaced as a store credit if the item is no longer available. The customer will just need to place an order on the website and then put in the notes section which items were DOAs, that way the customer is taking responsibility for the shipping charge. Also, the normal DOA policy rules about contacting us with a photo is applicable."

while i tried for an extra discount heres the reason why we are ast %30, and makes total sense.

"As far as the discount percentages go, the larger amount off is reserved for companies for a couple of reasons. First is to give a competitive edge for businesses. Second, is because it takes far less work for us. When there are group buys done, we are providing pre-fragged items. When a company places an order for multiple polyps, we send it in one larger frag instead of separating them all up. That is why the discount is so much larger. If you would like to frag up the items that have multiple people ordering them, I can authorize the higher discount, however, if there is any death due to fragging the DOA policy would not apply. I hope this makes sense. If you have any questions, please let me know."

so here the way it is , i could very well order this as wholesale but i think the risk of fraging everyone pieces is to great so it wouold be safer if we just did the 30% off and that ways all corals are done prior to ordering , also everyhting will be marked in a group buy while wholesale is item name only.

the extra amount off is just not worth the risk as a group so we are at 30% off which is still a great deal.

"As far as the labeling goes, if you are going to be placing a normal group order, the containers will have the individual customer's names on them as well as the item's name. If you are going to be placing a wholesale order, only the item's name would appear."

so heres how it is if your order is final send me your list , remember i cant give an order number untill feb 15th starting at 7am in the numbers they come in , so while you can send me your order list and get it on a excel spreadsheet i cant give an order number untill the morning of the 15th , at 7am or anytime after you need to pm or email me for a order number , no email for number means no order....this is very important so set a calendar or timer for it.

once i get verification for everyones order and finalized from the shipper you will need to come pay me , i am paying this through bank transfer as the total is astronomical , if you dont have me paid by the time i do the transfer i cant order your corals. i can do cash , cheque or emt or bank transfer and those are the only options to pay, but has to be done prior to me ordering. so if you know your iun then theres lots of time to put the money aside....im not doing this agaion for quite some time so if you can order i recommend doing as large as you can....these zoas dont come into canada very often and as most of you know and have seen the site the selection is out of this world.

so again:

pick your corals , even send me your request if its final.

on feb 15th 7am or after send me an email or pm for order number.

once inventory is verified a total will be sent to you and has to be paid in full by the time i am ready to send payment which will be almost immediately after inventory is verified.

guys im doing this as a favor to you all and all are welcome to join but please keep it simple and dont waste my time ordering if you cant follow the guidlines or are going to drop out last minute:)

cheers and any questions just pm or email myself:0

denny

reefwars
01-15-2014, 07:46 PM
oh and heres some cool info :P while its to early to tell exactly, it looks like im estimating about 40-60 people involved and probably between $20,000-$30,000 when its all said and done.

this has taken alot of man hours on my behalf and ill do it again prob next year if all goes well:)

so......go pick out all your zoassssssssssss lol

cheers

denny

reefwars
01-21-2014, 01:05 AM
hey guys and gals

so we are still a go lol

just wanted to bump this up for those who havent seen it:)

still waiting on them to send me some pics of new stock that isnt on the site so should have that tomorrow:)

if you are final on your order you can send me your list , if theres extra you want to add from now till the 15th by all means send it to me and i will add it to your spreadsheet.

note: you must email me on the 15th for an order number so that staock availability is fair for all.

by this time im sure you all had viewed the site? man a good selection eh , ive gotten word from a few reefers and a couple of vendors/suppliers that this is a good plkace to order and that previous orders have went well, ours should be no exception.

my excel sheets are done up so send in your orders if you want to get started , nothing is final until the 15th so lots of time to add or change if you like.

payment will have to be made as soon as verification of your inventory is done .

for those out of town, start making plans for who is coming to pick up your towns corals, any information on this i can get in advance will be appreciated so im not planning things last minute lol

remember all costs for shipping , borders etc are already covered by me so all you pay is your coral or frag price, as a group by we get %30 off retail prices before taxes , a quick and easy way to see your total is to add the itemsa to your shopping cart then deduct %30 off the tally it gives you.

items marked out of stock are on a very limited quantity , so if your choosing all items out of stock be prepared to substitute with something else, of course untill inventory is verified theres no real way to tell if the out of stock things are availble or not on a person by person basis.

anyways i hope your all in lol if you pm'd me and never got a reply please pm me again as i may have missed it ive gotten an incredible amount of interest for this group buy , these highend zoas are rarely brought into canada and on top of that its even more rare to have somone like me to take care of all the BS lol

cheers

denny

cuz
01-21-2014, 01:33 AM
looks like im estimating about 40-60 people involved and probably between $20,000-$30,000 when its all said and done.

that's crazy!! Your going to get investigated for money laundering!! hahaha

paddyob
01-21-2014, 01:58 AM
Curious.... But how are they shipping cross border? Don't you require cites or something even shipping up here.... Hence not even getting certain fish foods.

Or are you buying through your work?

I tried reading your write up Denny but got lost half way. Lol.

If anyone from Edmonton is looking at going down let me know.

paddyob
01-21-2014, 01:59 AM
That is REALLY hard to read, LOL!

+1. I aborted. Lol.

And I missed the boat. Lol.

reefwars
01-21-2014, 03:08 AM
Curious.... But how are they shipping cross border? Don't you require cites or something even shipping up here.... Hence not even getting certain fish foods.

Or are you buying through your work?

I tried reading your write up Denny but got lost half way. Lol.

If anyone from Edmonton is looking at going down let me know.

Hey pat

Im Actually ordering this through my own name , zoanthids are non cites corals there are certain things to be done to make it go smooth so your average Lfs in the states prob can't take it on or arnt interested but there a few places that are set up to do so. There are other corals as well that come up easily.

I'm not the first to order from this company and I've already got Pms with positive experiences:)

Pm me for company info if you like cant hurt to browse, I'm almost certain an Edmonton order is happening , I should actually post this there as well.

Cheers

Denny

reefwars
01-21-2014, 03:10 AM
that's crazy!! Your going to get investigated for money laundering!! hahaha

Haha nah my luck everyone will duck out last minute lol besides I figure come invoice day ill just put it all in Matt's name lol

AquaticExpressions
01-21-2014, 04:27 PM
I would like to state that reefers from Ontario have had a few orders with this company and each one has been very successful. Also the owners are great and there selection is A+ I was fortunate to be able to meet with them at the Toronto Frag Show :) Purchase with confidence.

Myka
01-21-2014, 04:56 PM

Soft corals are generally not CITES protected because they don't have a calcareous skeleton and thus don't make up the reef foundation.

CFIA (Canadian Food Inspection Agency) is involved with ALL Imported pet food due to meat Ingredients and correlating health concerns and has nothing to do with CITES. All imported pet food is supposed to have CFIA permitting but lots of fish food still slides through.

Sent from my SGH-I547C using Tapatalk

reefwars
01-21-2014, 06:24 PM
new stock will be sent to me withi the next few days , and will be available before it hits the website , man theses guys are just great so far to deal with above and beyond my expectations to date:)

quote:

" Also, I will get the pics together that we have of unreleased inventory for you to take a look at, there's some great pieces that haven't hit the market yet. I will send those over in the next couple of days."

cheers guys and gals

denny

reefwars
01-22-2014, 03:16 PM
pm box cleared and a bump for today for anyone who havent seen this thread yet:)

still lots of time left:)

reefwars
01-22-2014, 03:24 PM
I would like to state that reefers from Ontario have had a few orders with this company and each one has been very successful. Also the owners are great and there selection is A+ I was fortunate to be able to meet with them at the Toronto Frag Show :) Purchase with confidence.

thanks alot , im hearing more and more stories of successful orders and they have been incredible to deal with and lots of communication.

they have a great rep for corals looking as posted and their selection is by far one of the best in north america. alot of designer names and even things that no one else has:)

id like to see a wider selection of zoanthids hit Canada especially out west here,so im glad that people are interested and there's more zoanthid lovers than i thought apparently:)

remember guys everything as far as shipping is covered , if you want in its juts livestock cost and theres no minimum amount to purchase.

cheers

denny

reefwars
02-02-2014, 05:15 PM
update!!

hey everyone

so i have some new pics that were sent to me for those who would like to get the new pics please email me and i will email them over.

send emails to reefwars@gmail.com

we are just under 2 weeks for final cutoff , if anyone has there corals picked out and know what they want please send me the list , i am going to send a " rough list " over so we can get stock held as its tradeshow season in the states and dont want to miss any of the goodies.

any orders sent to me can be modified or changed at your will just remail me any additons, removals or changes and i will make the change on the spreadsheet.

remember final cutoff is the 15th of this month. but if you have a list get it over to me so we can reserve certain limited stock.

cheers

denny

reefwars
02-07-2014, 09:06 PM
just a week away from cut off:)

i have emailed and pm'd everyone who has asked to see the extra list thats not on the site, if you would like to see it please email me for it:)

if you have your order finalized please send it to me so i can log it on the spread sheet:)

once we have a inventory finalized for everyone we will settle on a ship date , i am flexible so will try to work with the whole group on what day is best to ship.

i will send out reminders to everyone on the 14th about emailing me for an order number on the 15th.

pm me if any questions:)

cheers

denny

reefwars
02-14-2014, 07:49 PM
cut off is tomorrow so if you have been thinking about joining the group buy you have untill tomorrow to send me your list of corals.

once i pass in the list i wont be adding anyone else to it so tomorrows the final date no matter what:)

with that said there is no minimum to buy, no custom fees and no hidden fees to pay ive taken care of it all already so its just your livestock with 30% off

if you have your list final please send it to me when ever you all can:)

cheers

denny

reefwars
02-15-2014, 09:48 PM
cut off is today folks if you want in on the group buy send me your list by the end of the day , no orders will be added after tonight.

for everyone that has sent their list to me i have it on my spreadsheet and tonight i will go through my emails and give everyone an order number.

i will submit the list to our supplier and we will get confirmation of stock , if anything is out of stock then everyone will get a chance to substitute for something else.

once the orders are final we will look for payment.

shipping date is flexible and i will email everyone to see what days works best for delivery:)

excited indeed!!!!

cheers

denny

reefwars
02-19-2014, 12:22 AM
all orders have been submitted and everyone has been emailed an order number.

if you didnt make it in theres always next year;)

ok

list has been sent off and they are going to check to see they have everything that we all wanted , if there is anything that was cut everyone will be given a second chance to substitue with something tht is available

once orders are finalized i will be invoiced and everyone is expected to pay at that point.

delivery date is up in the air and im flexible so if there are days where anyone is out of town email me those days and ill try to make it work good for everyone

cheers and thanks guys

denny

reefwars
03-05-2014, 04:05 PM
payment request and totals have been sent out to everyone and those who want in should get payment over as soon as possible , after friday of this week if you dont have payment sent to me ill have no choice but to drop the order from our list.

if anyone never got a pm or email for payment or a total please email or contact me as soon as possible.

delivery is for march 18th and will arrive in the early am, pick ups have to be made that day

cheers everyone

denny

AquaticExpressions
03-20-2014, 10:19 PM
Just wondering how this group buy went? Any pictures?

reefwars
03-20-2014, 10:24 PM
Just wondering how this group buy went? Any pictures?

we cancelled for now as the canadian dollar is too low and theres really no discount because of it:(

we will try again once the dollar bounces back so come on canada!!

cheers

denny

Seriak
03-21-2014, 12:57 AM
we cancelled for now as the canadian dollar is too low and theres really no discount because of it:(

we will try again once the dollar bounces back so come on canada!!

cheers

denny

Lol probably wont happen. They see the US dollar getting stronger not weaker. I will pray for you Denny.