PDA

View Full Version : Velvet ?

Dive_dry
01-12-2014, 06:31 PM
So I had velvet go through my tank last week I have 2 fish left and it looks like 1 of them has it to.How long should I let my tank sit before adding any new live stock as I don't want it to return
My fish list was
Powder brown tang
Sailfin tang on its way out
2 ocellars clown's
Bangi cardinal
Coral beauty
Alge Benny
4 green crosmis I believe the culprit

Yellow tang still healthy

mrhasan
01-12-2014, 06:37 PM
So I had velvet go through my tank last week I have 2 fish left and it looks like 1 of them has it to.How long should I let my tank sit before adding any new live stock as I don't want it to return
My fish list was
Powder brown tang
Sailfin tang on its way out
2 ocellars clown's
Bangi cardinal
Coral beauty
Alge Benny
4 green crosmis I believe the culprit

Yellow tang still healthy

You have to take out every fish in the tank and put them into QT. Tank should be left fallow for 3 months. I am on the same boat and the hawkfish looks like it is now immune to velvet but can still harvest it as long as it is in the tank. And it makes me feel dumb whenever I try to catch it.

Dive_dry
01-12-2014, 06:45 PM
Thanks that is what I was thinking it should work just fine as I am building a fish room in the basement for the sump and other tanks including a QT tank just trying to decide what size tank I am going to use I have several to pick from from 10g-70g

mark
01-12-2014, 07:02 PM
to bad about the velvet, but go big on the QT for next time. Ammonia can build fast specially in a little tank if you've got a few fish.

spit.fire
01-12-2014, 07:08 PM
Is it a reef tank or fish only

Dive_dry
01-12-2014, 07:09 PM
Reef

christyf5
01-12-2014, 09:13 PM
yeah you should talk to Brad (Aquattro) about that, I think he has some treatment for the fish while its in QT as well. Chloroquine phosphate or something like that. Send him a message to see if he has any left.