PDA

View Full Version : Brown tang with ich

corper
07-20-2004, 03:50 AM
I just added a brown tang to my reef aquarium a week ago, and noticed it is starting to develop ich. What are my options. Don't want to buy a cleaner wrasse (they die to quickly). I have my temp. at 85-86F to help speed the process of the ich leaving the fish but don't know if I should add meds. after, or purchase some cleaner shrimp or maybe a six line wrasse. I have five clowns, two damsels, one tang, a magenta dotty, two anemones and three soft corals. All of these are doing fine. Whats the best solution? My tank is a 72 gallon.

Aquattro
07-20-2004, 03:52 AM
Search the board for "garlic"...

AJ_77
07-20-2004, 05:33 AM
And maybe "ich magnet"...

But Brad's right, the garlic should help out.

EmilyB
07-20-2004, 05:37 AM
Cleaner shrimp and garlic. :mrgreen:

Ken
07-20-2004, 05:48 AM
Is it a goldrim or powder brown tang Acanthurus Glaucopareius? They are notorious for ick magnents New fish are always under a lot of stress in a new environment. Make sure it is in a stress free environment, ie no harassment from other fish, avoid interaction with the aquarium that may disturb the fish. I find that sometimes, and I stress sometimes if you leave them alone, the ick may go away on its own. Best of Luck. Regards Ken

johnny rock
07-20-2004, 09:11 PM
actually your temp, is high as well. you don't want to speed up the cycle of ich you want to slow it down IMO. this way the fishes metabolism slows as well and there not stressed and when you heat up the tank and speed up the fish they eat more and pollute more. soak your food in garlic extraced as mentioned and SELCON. cleaner shrimp might help as well as cleaner gobies not wrasses. wrasses[cleaner] should never be purchased[whole bunch of reason] :cool:

corper
07-22-2004, 11:03 PM
Picked up some garlic, due to some good advice, and my fish are looking better already.