PDA

View Full Version : LF: 1" spears valve

smokinreefer
01-10-2014, 10:07 PM
Any chance someone has one kickin around?

Thanks

Bugger
01-11-2014, 12:19 AM
I got what your looking for but im on the other side of the country

byee
01-11-2014, 01:48 AM
Corix sells them for $20 .

Check out this thread - http://www.canreef.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=102536

smokinreefer
01-26-2014, 05:33 PM
FYI
Local Sheret didn't have them or check valves in stock, so I went to Corix by the Mary hill bypass

1" threaded spears gate valve was almost $30 :sad:

Wondering how you guys got them for $20...

The check valve was under $20 though...

Anyways they have them, so I bought them lol :neutral:

Thanks for pointing them out.

kacairns
01-26-2014, 05:36 PM
I paid just over $21 for my 1" threaded gate valves at that same Corix on Thursday, cash sale, not a account, but they looked through some accounts to find me a good deal on them. I did buy 4 of them and came to around $95 total after tax.

tang daddy
01-26-2014, 07:07 PM
Yup they're expensive but won't seize or get stuck on you like the other valves at Rona or hd, worth the extra $10 if you ask me....

smokinreefer
01-26-2014, 11:10 PM
I paid just over $21 for my 1" threaded gate valves at that same Corix on Thursday, cash sale, not a account, but they looked through some accounts to find me a good deal on them. I did buy 4 of them and came to around $95 total after tax.

interesting. I was there thursday afternoon as well. cash sale, no account. I bought 3 of them along with some other stuff too.

Yup they're expensive but won't seize or get stuck on you like the other valves at Rona or hd, worth the extra $10 if you ask me....

yeah, I went with these for their quality, after researching on the forum, but curious how people are getting cheaper prices than I paid :twised:

kacairns
01-26-2014, 11:59 PM
All I can say in my experience not at corix but in general cash sales sometimes boil down to who helps you, how busy they are, how much they help you and so on. It "pays" to chat up the sales guy with what you're doing and sometimes you just luck out and he finds it interesting =)

Also, there are a couple of grades to some PVC stuff as well. Some things are CSA approved, some aren't, the ones that are cost more.

byee
02-01-2014, 05:13 AM
FYI

Local Sheret didn't have them or check valves in stock, so I went to Corix by the Mary hill bypass

1" threaded spears gate valve was almost $30 :sad:

Wondering how you guys got them for $20...

The check valve was under $20 though...

Anyways they have them, so I bought them lol :neutral:

Thanks for pointing them out.

I went to Corix this morning and bought a few unions and a gate valve for just under $20 with the schedule 40 unions were around $2.25 each.

kacairns
02-01-2014, 04:36 PM
Was just going through all my paper work from Corix, I bought 1 1/2" unions from Richmond Corix for $11.84 and from Coquitlam Corix at $8.42. All depends how they run you through the system ie If they run you as "Industrial/End Use" you pay more then if they run you in their system as "Landscape/Nursery"

Other option to for buying fittings is FABCO in Surrey. I was looking for some 1 1/2" wye at corix and they phoned them for me to see if they stocked them and confirmed for me they do public sales. A quick search shows they carry a lot of the fittings that make life easier when doing plumbing but prices overall are just slightly higher then Corix