PDA

View Full Version : Zoa IDs Please

gregzz4
01-07-2014, 04:23 AM
I have 2 Zoas that I can't ID
Any help is much appreciated :smile:

In the middle are the red guys with the purple mouths and purple tentacles

On the right of the pic are the orange tentacled guys
They have a yellow eye, a yellow ring, then a purple ring and an almost blue ring before the orange tentacles

Thanks for your help !

http://i749.photobucket.com/albums/xx136/Gregzz4/75%20Gallon%20Build/IMG_08645_zpse1f216cc.jpg

Slyguy00
01-07-2014, 04:24 AM
top ones are watermelons for sure. I have the other ones so wouldn't mind knowing what they are called to.

gregzz4
01-07-2014, 04:28 AM
top ones are watermelons for sure. I have the other ones so wouldn't mind knowing what they are called to.
Nick, I know the top ones are Watermelons ... :razz:

I want an ID on the Red and Orange ones .....

Slyguy00
01-07-2014, 04:35 AM
Hahah yea, i didn't bother to read just look at the picture :mrgreen: Lol ma bad. Nice looking piece though!

Coral Hoarder
01-07-2014, 05:32 AM
Red ones look like red bulls

Mandosh
01-07-2014, 05:36 AM
Middle are "Kedd Reds". On the right are probably "Flaming Suns" if they're yellow...green and they could be "Goblin Fire"

Slyguy00
01-07-2014, 05:44 AM
I have zoas called "safe crackers" and when I typed in kedd reds on google, they appear to be the same as if you search for safe crackers. (Going by the majority of photos that are the same) Same zoas with different names? Or is there a variation that I can't see?

Mandosh
01-07-2014, 03:30 PM
I'm going to qualify this response by saying coral names are a complete crap-shoot and there could be (and are) multiple varieties with the same names. That being said, my "safecrackers" had an extra purple-ish ring between the red and the fringe when compared to the ones in Greg's pic (i.e., purple eye, red ring, purple ring, red skirt).

GoFish
01-07-2014, 07:17 PM
The ones in the middle look like "Devils Stare Zoas" listed on Neptunes Cove

Someone needs to come up with a name generator for these things one day, type in all the colours starting from the mouth outwards and press enter!

gregzz4
01-08-2014, 12:12 AM
Ding ding ding ding ding

Way to go Mandosh, and thanks

Side by side on the web, the Flaming pics are perfect (even though I forgot to mention the green outside the yellow)
And the Kedds are pretty much a perfect match too

Vancity, the Devils are very close, but the feeders on mine aren't as dark a red and my mouths are paler, so I'll call mine Kedds

Thanks for playing everyone !