PDA

View Full Version : Leak prevention and an alarm?

neoh
01-07-2014, 01:12 AM
I'm going to be picking one of these up: Zircon Leak Detector (http://www.homedepot.com/p/t/100015624?jspStoreDir=hdus&catalogId=10053&marketID=401&productId=100015624&onlineStore=true&locStoreNum=8125&keyword=leak+detector&langId=-1&searchRedirect=leak+detector&storeId=10051&endecaDataBean=com.homedepot.sa.el.wc.catalog.bean s.EndecaDataBean%4015ea6620&ddkey=Search#)

As I'm really afraid of my tank leaking, as I have laminate flooring underneath - and live in a condo. I want to make or rig something up that tells me if there is a leak.

No, I don't have an Apex (thought I do have a DA Reefkeeper with all the bells and whistles.) I'm going to be installing a webcam so I can view the tank from my office - and allow me to monitor if anything were to go wrong.

With that, I'm curious if anyone has a way to notify themselves while away of a spill or leak?

gregzz4
01-07-2014, 03:17 AM
If you have all the bells and whistles on your DA, rig the leak detector into it and use the Net module to notify you

kacairns
01-07-2014, 04:40 AM
Although been awhile since I looked at a DA controller... think I remember handing it over to you! I believe with the DA you need a leak detector with a non-powered contact, which can be hooked up to the switch ports on the SL1/SL2 or SW5. As said above if you have the Net module you can then use that to email you =)