PDA

View Full Version : ice fishing Jan 2014

SmokingWhisper
01-03-2014, 08:59 PM
Im looking for anyone who would like to go ice fishing this weekend?
Im hoping to catch pike and heard chestamere has them. Even though I hear their not to to big I'd still like to give it a go. I have a two man ice tent, hand ice anger , rods and tackle. But not to sure what to use or what I can use . Let make a plan sorry Sunday im 24 from BC. Thanks everyone

kien
01-03-2014, 09:11 PM
I've never been ice fishing. Sounds like fun. Although, I don't do well in cold temperatures so I would probably not have all that much fun at all.

SmokingWhisper
01-03-2014, 09:42 PM
Yes it gets cold. I spent the last 4 years in kelowna and it was cold there. I haven't been out yet here I calgary but im sure its no better. im going to be bundled up for sure. Has anyone ever ice fished chestamere?

Reef Pilot
01-03-2014, 10:55 PM
I grew up in north west Manitoba as a kid, and we used to go ice fishing there. Jacks tasted pretty good coming from the cold water. Some fond memories,... in the spring and summer, too... No such thing in this part of BC... Just little trout, or a big salmon (if you're lucky).

eli@fijireefrock.com
01-04-2014, 02:00 AM
Yes it gets cold. I spent the last 4 years in kelowna and it was cold there. I haven't been out yet here I calgary but im sure its no better. im going to be bundled up for sure. Has anyone ever ice fished chestamere?

Never done it in winter..use to hit that water in the past as it was fun especially when they use to do the derby ounce a year there.
Largest pike I got in that water was 46 inches the winning fish:lol:
But most of the time along the far south end where the larger ones...
Good luck..