PDA

View Full Version : J and L livestock order

strauss
01-01-2014, 06:41 PM
So I am in need of a bunch of stuff and figured if anyone else wants to get in on it while its warm-ish and I am around to figure it all out. Cut off will be tomorrow night at 10 pm as I want to have this in and ordered for early next week. I may grab it at the airport as UPS is not always the greatest. I'm looking for $200-400 in stuff so shipping split should be cheap. Thanks

Brandon

hfp75
01-02-2014, 12:29 AM
What part of town is the pick up in? I'm in Patterson.

Will you be able. Float all the bags until pickup?

H

EmilyB
01-02-2014, 01:37 AM
I'm after a fish. Pick up at airport would be what day?

strauss
01-02-2014, 03:46 AM
hfp75:
I am in the North West. Right by market mall. Of course I can float bags.

EmilyB:
Once I have compiled everything I will be calling and placing my order. I forget if J and L has specific ship dates but I am aiming for Monday or Tuesday.

EmilyB
01-02-2014, 07:43 PM
They take forever to get back to me on availability. Don't know if I'll hear from them today.

hfp75
01-02-2014, 08:00 PM
same here.....

Last time the person setting it up checked what we ere looking for for in stock/out of stock and coordinated everything.... it was easy that way.

Just talked to J&L and they said that they wont ship anything until the 9th so dont call for stock/pricing until the 7th...

h

Rich82
01-03-2014, 01:44 AM
I would be interested in a reef custodian package

strauss
01-03-2014, 03:48 AM
Yup, hfp75, you are correct. They do not ship till the 9th. Air Canada embargo for live shipping over the holidays. So it would make sense to push the deadline until the 9th as they ship mon-wed and the 9th is a thursday.
If everyone would like they can pm me what they would like, ill put it together and see if everything is in stock/out of stock. I don't mind doing it.
So it would ship the 13th and be here for the 14th.

Brandon

brotherd
01-03-2014, 04:50 AM
I want to order something just so I can come over to your place and see the new tank!:mrgreen:

EmilyB
01-03-2014, 05:48 AM
They have what I want and I got an email.

Told them:

One orange spot, 3 lettuce nudi and two cleaner shrimp for me please. I also asked for some empty shells for hermits last time, and you said you would include on next order.

Would like to include on Calgary order from Brandon.

EmilyB
01-04-2014, 04:47 AM
I had sent you a PM Brandon, but you didn't reply so I thought best to post my cancellation here. I had a fish (lawnmower blenny) die today, so I think best not to add any livestock right now.

I'll cancel my J&L order.

strauss
01-04-2014, 08:55 AM
EmilyB; sorry to hear that. If you change your mind let me know.
Brotherd; you're welcome over anytime buddy.

So how this worked well in the past is send me whatever you want and I'll compile the order by person and what the want. I then have J and L verify the order 5-7 days before shipping and make any changes accordingly.
I believe J and L payment scheme has changed so I will call in the am and post on it. With everyone so far shipping will be nominal.

Brandon

hfp75
01-07-2014, 01:44 AM
Thought I would revive this thread and see what the order cutoff is and when it will arrive ?

I need to get my order in still.

Is this a Livestock order only ? or are we also ordering dry goods ?

H

strauss
01-07-2014, 07:48 PM
Ok everyone. So according to J and L this is how they like it to be done. A single ambassador who handles sending in the lists, shipment, payment everything really. You are more then welcome to call in and ask about availability but I think it's easier if you just send it to me and ill compile the list. They also want one payment via the ambassador so what I'm thinking is once we have your order verified simply e-transfer your payment to me just before shipment and Ill pay J and L, so I would need payment as of sunday the 12th.
So as of right now if you are in on this order please send me your wish list and maybe a substitute should they not have what you want. They will be holding our choices for up to 5 days which will work great.
As far as dry goods are concerned, if it's small and will fit in a live box and there is extra room no worries. If it's larger remember J and L has free shipping over $100 so it's most likely easier to send it to your house.
I am happy to float bags and ill set up another tub of heated/circulated water to keep everything happy until you can pick up.
I hope that makes everyone happy. Let me know if you need anything.

Brandon

strauss
01-08-2014, 10:56 PM
Ladies and Gents
Here's what I have so far:

SoloSK71:
-Blue/Green Clown Goby $6.45
-Yellow Clown Goby $7.45
-Hector's Goby $14.95
-Yellow Coris Wrasse $24.95
-Melanurus Wrasse $? I may be blind and can't find the price

Stinky:
-barnacle blenny $31.45
-spotted mandarin $15.95

Rich82:
-cuc package #2 $49.00
-peppermint shrimp(2) $8.45

Strauss (Me)
-sexy shrimp (4) $7.45 (%20 off)
-orange lip conch $14.95
-nassarius snail (15) $1.95 (%20 off)
-margarita snail (25) $1.95 (%20 off)
-cerith snail (25) $1.95 (%20 off)
- 2-3 fish (not sure yet)

If you are not in here please let me know asap as cut off is tomorrow night so I can put the order in Friday for shipment Monday or Tuesday.
At this point shipping is at the cheapest it is going to get at $30 plus $10 a box for insulation and heat pads. So, naturally, ill pay more of the shipping as my order will occupy more of a box but it should be pretty good. Thanks for the patience everyone.

Brandon

strauss
01-10-2014, 12:12 AM
Here are additions to the order which will be emailed to J and L tomorrow morning and verified then finalized and shipped Monday or Tuesday.

Hfp75(live): dry:
-Sexy Shrimp x4 - Solid Stirrup API N03 test kit
-Red Star (Small) -RowaPhos 500 ml
-Nassarius Snails x6 - Tongan -Seachem Prime 500ml
-Turbo Snails x2 -Seachem Phosguard 1L
-Margarita Snails x4 -Feeding Rings (with suction cup) x2
-Cleaner Wrasse
-Lubbocks Wrasse
-Macro Algae - Red Dragons Breath

If J and L is missing anything I will notify whoever ordered the item asap and find a replacement if possible.
Thanks everyone.

Brandon

EmilyB
01-12-2014, 02:24 AM
Probably too late to get in?

hfp75
01-12-2014, 07:41 AM
Send a reply to Strauss....

I think the order gets confirmed Monday morning for a Tuesday shipping