PDA

View Full Version : You know when you've got it bad when....

Beverly
07-18-2004, 03:16 PM
Friday I began doing the big tank switch over. The contents of the 42g hex went into the new 37g and all seems well with the new set up. The contents of the 28g are going into the new 67g. The 67g is where the 42g used to be and the 37g is where the 28g used to be. What a freaking mess of rubbermaid tubs for NSW, rubbermaid tubs and pails for corals, fish and rock, powerbars for powerheads, heaters and lights, baskets of clean and soaked towels, and otherwise miscellaneous crap all over to do this big switch. As anal as I am, the place looks like my worst freaking nightmare :eek: There will be NO pics of this aspect of the tank moves :mrgreen:

Plus we're making about a 100g of new RO water for the upcoming switch from the 72g to the 120g.

Saturday, got partway through putting in the rock from the 28g plus about 40 lbs of 2 month cure LR into the 67 when I realized we didn't have enough rock :confused: Thought about what to do about this problem, as we have fish in a tub with corals that haven't been for a couple of days.

Ah-hah! Solution is to take rock from the 72g and buy new rock for the 120g. So we headed to AI. Luckily they had their rock on for 25% off and we brought home 45 lbs of what they say is cured rock. Not aking any chances with the rock, though, and will let it cure for awhile. Unlucky, though, that this rock has that pink fuzzy algae on it. No problem, we'll just get out a few more buckets, powerheads and heaters to accomodate the new rock, and scrub off the algae :eek:

Sunday, this morning actually, I've got to tear down the 72g partway to remove rock from it to put into the 67g. Geez, no problem again, just pull out another tub, a few pails and powerhead/heater for the corals. Have NSW made early this morning to replace water removed for the rock and corals.

So is anyone seeing a pattern here? Need equipment to do the job? No problem. Just go into our trusty, bottomless pit of a pantry, which houses no food of any kind just aquarium stuff, and away we go :eek: :rolleyes: :mrgreen:

Yes, we've got it baaaaaaad in this place..........

Pics of the new set ups will be available once the tanks are up and running.

Gujustud
07-18-2004, 04:46 PM
I think everyone wants to see what it looks like right now ;)

Beverly
07-18-2004, 06:46 PM
Maybe later today. Two tanks are up, lights are on, zoos beginning to open in the 67g. Looking good so far. Even have the dining room table and chairs back in place :cool:

Now I've got to get the 72g rback to esembling a reef. Oh..... after lunch and a nap for that :sleeping: