PDA

View Full Version : Moving Anxiety

Pescador
07-18-2004, 12:43 AM
Hi all,
I'm starting to freak out. I've been trying to hire some help to move my 125 reef from local service companies but no luck. I have to move from Mackenzie Lake to Mackenzie Town on Sunday Aug.1st. (long weekend I know).
I've done it with a 66gal. before so I sorta have a plan. I think I have all the supplies except for a few more water barrels.
I'm looking for a couple people to help. If any one is interested I can offer cash, a red sea wave maker, lots of flatworms and of course beer.
Any help or ideas would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Brian

Quagmire
07-18-2004, 12:49 AM
:eek: BEER :eek: I'm in :biggrin:
PM me with details.

EmilyB
07-18-2004, 02:07 AM
:eek: BEER :eek: The international method of paying people to help move. :lol:

I can't lift, but I have rubbermaids, powerheads, air pumps or spare parts.

:mrgreen:

Delphinus
07-18-2004, 03:59 AM
August long weekend ... hmmm not sure what da spouse has in mind, might be away. If I'm town, I'll help. And if I'm away, I can still provide rubbermaids and buckets as well.

One thing that was suggested to me (by Doug) before my move, was rent some suction cups for moving appliances. They'll help you lift your glass off the stand. Awesome idea. The ones for moving glass, specifically, I couldn't find, but the ones for moving appliances could be found at basically any tool rental centre, about $15-20/day kind of rate. The applicance ones work just as well, although I wouldn't carry the tank with them for any large distance, just the start and the end.

Pescador
07-18-2004, 10:51 PM
Hey thanks all,
I'll start bagging in the morning, figure it will take a couple hours then be ready to move stuff. Going to have alot of water to move, I'm making lots just in case. Great idea about the suction cups I'll get some.
I'll PM with details.

Quinn
07-19-2004, 01:07 AM
You'll give away a Wavemaker? If so I'm in. :eek: Otherwise I will attempt to be there in exchange for beer.

bear27
07-19-2004, 01:11 AM
If im in town ill be there as well pm me with details

Fish
07-19-2004, 08:27 PM
Please pm me with the details as well... I should be around.
- Chad

PFisher
07-19-2004, 10:40 PM
As I am from Edmonton I am of no use to you for the move (due to location, not some inherent Edmontonian flaw), but I just wanted to say that I am quite impressed with the support shown by the Calgary club. Good on ya.

BMW Rider
07-20-2004, 12:09 AM
As I am from Edmonton I am of no use to you for the move (due to location, not some inherent Edmontonian flaw), but I just wanted to say that I am quite impressed with the support shown by the Calgary club. Good on ya.

Are you saying that we Calgarians have no use for you Edmontonians? I've heard that before somewhere :lol: :lol:
Sorry I can't help out, I'm working that day. I do have some buckets with lids if you need extras.

Quagmire
07-20-2004, 12:26 AM
Pfisher I cant believe you're not going to come down and help :rolleyes:.Maybe you missed the BEER part. :lol:

Pescador
07-20-2004, 02:53 PM

You and me both, I've been lurking around this board for years and was kind of hesitent to ask for help, not having participated in any Club activities, but that will change now.

Thanks again everybody

AJ_77
07-20-2004, 03:15 PM
Won't be able to help you this time, Brian. But I'm glad you asked for help, look forward to meeting some other time. :biggrin:

PFisher
07-20-2004, 04:20 PM
Are you saying that we Calgarians have no use for you Edmontonians? I've heard that before somewhere

I think the feeling tends to be mutual, although I did hear a few Edmontonians yelling 'Go Clagary!' this past hockey season.

Quagmire
07-20-2004, 11:57 PM
I think the feeling tends to be mutual, although I did hear a few Edmontonians yelling 'Go Clagary!' this past hockey season.

Things just get weirder and weirder :scramble:

Pescador
07-21-2004, 01:37 PM
Hi all,
Couple questions that have come up,
About the wavemaker I think we will have a draw between every one that shows and then your free to sell trade or whatever. ( It's a small price to pay with what is invested in the tank)
Time - Sunday morning about 10
PM me If you need my cell #
Non alcoholic beverages as well and I'll feed you guys at least pizza or something.
Could use mostly something to haul water in and maybe some more tubs. (have 4 big ones and about 5 rubbermaid garbage cans)
Thanks again to everyone who responded.