PDA

View Full Version : Radions Damaged?

Steve...
12-24-2013, 08:48 PM
Some of you might already know I had a leaky sump last night that flooded my living room. During this incident, my power packs for my Radions where also wet. This morning when I tried to plug them back it kept tripping the breaker. Im assuming the power pack still has water inside? What do you guys think? Im thinking the power packs are toast and a replacement is required. The LED fixture should be fine im my opinion . Such a bad timing for things to go bad :(

spit.fire
12-24-2013, 08:54 PM
Some of you might already know I had a leaky sump last night that flooded my living room. During this incident, my power packs for my Radions where also wet. This morning when I tried to plug them back it kept tripping the breaker. Im assuming the power pack still has water inside? What do you guys think? Im thinking the power packs are toast and a replacement is required. The LED fixture should be fine im my opinion . Such a bad timing for things to go bad :(
put the upside down and let them dry out for a day or 2 and retry them

Steve...
12-24-2013, 09:00 PM
put the upside down and let them dry out for a day or 2 and retry them

Finger Crossed

spit.fire
12-24-2013, 09:16 PM
Finger Crossed
ive seen alot of them get wet and after sitting for a couple days (with a fan pointed at them) they always seemed to work afterwards

mark
12-24-2013, 09:16 PM
rinse in ro/di then dry

spit.fire
12-24-2013, 09:19 PM
rinse in ro/di then dry
dont do this, if you want to rinse it use rubbing alcohol, the ro/di water can damage the circuits were the rubbing alcohol acts as a good cleaner and wont damage anything, it will also remove the water and evaporate quickly

Steve...
12-24-2013, 09:39 PM
Should I take it apart and wipe it down?

spit.fire
12-24-2013, 09:40 PM
Should I take it apart and wipe it down?
the main goal of cleaning it out if you do is to remove any salt as it will corrode the circuits, it never hurts, i use qtips and alcohol for cleaning circuits or cotton ball thingies

eli@fijireefrock.com
12-24-2013, 10:56 PM
Yes alcohol will clean it properly but there will be some moister in some of the electronic parts, I would alse Place the wet power supply in a bag with some or lots of salt as it removes all moisture from any electronics and will render it workable again...good luck

Dearth
12-24-2013, 10:56 PM
the main goal of cleaning it out if you do is to remove any salt as it will corrode the circuits, it never hurts, i use qtips and alcohol for cleaning circuits or cotton ball thingies

+1

Use something that dries fast like rubbing alcohol or electronics cleaner and a can of compressed air

mark
12-24-2013, 11:30 PM
dont do this, if you want to rinse it use rubbing alcohol, the ro/di water can damage the circuits were the rubbing alcohol acts as a good cleaner and wont damage anything, it will also remove the water and evaporate quickly

pure water is frequently used in industry for cleaning. to the op what you need to do is get rid of the salt since corrosive and if wet, sw can conduct to cause a damage.

HaZRaTTy
12-25-2013, 06:35 AM
The ol' iPhone trick in a bag of rice?

Cal_stir
12-25-2013, 02:23 PM
pure water is frequently used in industry for cleaning. to the op what you need to do is get rid of the salt since corrosive and if wet, sw can conduct to cause a damage.+1, open it up if you can and rinse with RO water and dry with hot air,you must get rid of the salt.