PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Sunlight Supply Maristar fixture

kien
12-24-2013, 07:23 PM
I don't suppose there are any vendors on Canreef that can still source me a 72" Sunlight Supply Maristar Halide+T5 combo fixture ? :neutral:

wayner
12-24-2013, 07:38 PM
Sunlight Supply is no longer in the business

kien
12-24-2013, 08:04 PM
Sunlight Supply is no longer in the business

ya.. I know :( I'm just hoping someone's got left over stock sitting in the closet or something :sad:

spit.fire
12-24-2013, 08:05 PM
ya.. I know :( I'm just hoping someone's got left over stock sitting in the closet or something :sad:
i thought you just added a bunch of leds to your tank:mrgreen:

kien
12-24-2013, 08:16 PM
i thought you just added a bunch of leds to your tank:mrgreen:

Ya, i did.. I'm also trying to add a bunch of new halides to my tank too, but my fixture has a faulty module apparently :cry: Still have two out of 3 halides going so I'm kinda of hobbling along. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point... The writing may be on the wall. I am googling new Halide+T5 fixtures at the moment though, to see what's available out there these days.

BlueTang<3
12-24-2013, 08:18 PM
A friends tank I look after had his magnetic ballast die, replaced it with a led fixture and he actually misses his halide

spit.fire
12-24-2013, 08:22 PM
Ya, i did.. I'm also trying to add a bunch of new halides to my tank too, but my fixture has a faulty module apparently :cry: Still have two out of 3 halides going so I'm kinda of hobbling along. Not sure what I'm going to do at this point... The writing may be on the wall. I am googling new Halide+T5 fixtures at the moment though, to see what's available out there these days.
what ballasts are you running?

Jet
12-24-2013, 08:29 PM
I have a brand new one. still in the box. if you are interested, let me know?

mrhasan
12-24-2013, 08:39 PM
I think Giesmenn still produces those MH+T5O fixtures.

kien
12-24-2013, 09:00 PM
what ballasts are you running?

Galaxy ballasts. I don't think they are the issue because I swapped ballasts around and no matter what combination I do, the same two light up and the same dead one doesn't :-(

Ya I know giessmann still make them but they are so expensive. Plus, I can't hang the fixture from my ceiling as I have a high vaulted ceiling over the tank. If I recall, giessmann doesn't support legs.

kien
12-24-2013, 09:01 PM
I have a brand new one. still in the box. if you are interested, let me know?

Ooooo! That sounds promising. I'll PM you. I'm going to see if any LFS carry any to see if I can get a Boxing Day deal or something. I know aqua medic has one too.

mrhasan
12-24-2013, 09:02 PM
Galaxy ballasts. I don't think they are the issue because I swapped ballasts around and no matter what combination I do, the same two light up and the same dead one doesn't :-(

Ya I know giessmann still make them but they are so expensive. Plus, I can't hang the fixture from my ceiling as I have a high vaulted ceiling over the tank. If I recall, giessmann doesn't support legs.

You get what you pay for ;)

Aquamedic also makes halide+t5 fixture and jl has it in stock. Don't know about the leg though. I doubt whether anything comes with leg now-a-days. No leg is the new swag!

ops you already know abotu aquamedic too.

kien
12-27-2013, 08:31 PM
So, I managed to get the fixture working again. Delphinus suggested that I man the 'eff up and just crack it open to fix it. That's what I did and found some salt creep and a loose wire. A bit of rewiring and clean up seemed to fix it. HOWEVER, now one of the ballasts seems to have gone. I suspect due to me unplugging and plugging it in constantly. This particular ballast was always flaking (often cut out if it got too warm) so I'm not surprised actually. The ballast is easier to replace, except that now I have to replace it.. Not sure if I'll even find another Galaxy Ballast so I may have to find another brand. I don't really want a magnetic ballast (they're way too noisy), even though they are more reliable..:neutral:

kien
12-29-2013, 05:41 PM
So, I called every single fish store in Calgary and apparently no one is willing to bring in metal halide ballasts anymore :sad: So I suppose my two options are to either order online, which means at least a two week wait on delivery, or swap out my light for something more mainstream. Sucky.

Aquattro
12-29-2013, 05:44 PM
Have you checked hydroponic shops? Mine sells the same ballasts I used. They deal with a lot more MH than aquarium stores these days.

http://www.progressive-growth.com/electronic_ballasts.php

kien
12-29-2013, 05:57 PM
Have you checked hydroponic shops? Mine sells the same ballasts I used. They deal with a lot more MH than aquarium stores these days.

http://www.progressive-growth.com/electronic_ballasts.php

Ya, I'm going to call some tomorrow. The two I called today were closed.

Aquattro
12-29-2013, 06:26 PM
Ya, I'm going to call some tomorrow. The two I called today were closed.

Worst case, I can grab one here for you and ship it out.

Dez
12-29-2013, 06:45 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/30/7e2aje2y.jpg

Would that work for ya Kien? Still mounted in my cabinet from when I ran halides.

kien
12-29-2013, 08:16 PM
Thanks Dez, it probably would. I'll let you know if I'll need it. I'm going to see if a vendor on here has one first. There are a few places on line.

And thank Brad, that's def a good option too if I can't find a vendor with one in stock.

Dez
12-29-2013, 08:44 PM
Thanks Dez, it probably would. I'll let you know if I'll need it. I'm going to see if a vendor on here has one first. There are a few places on line.

And thank Brad, that's def a good option too if I can't find a vendor with one in stock.

No worries Kien. I'll let it go for cheap for you. PM me or FB me if ya need it.

kien
12-29-2013, 10:21 PM
No worries Kien. I'll let it go for cheap for you. PM me or FB me if ya need it.

Well, the vendor I was looking into doesn't have any at the moment. What kind of socket does it have ? Is it a female standard halide socket ?

Dez
12-29-2013, 10:48 PM
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/12/30/ysuva9e9.jpg

You can always cut this end off and add whatever end you want.