PDA

View Full Version : Tunze Sound

Madreefer
12-23-2013, 03:10 PM
One of my Tunze 6105s makes a sound when it ramps down or I guess runs in the lower percentage. Best I can describe the sound would be the sound of when you plug in an electric motor and it's bound and does'nt move. Pump is working good but that sound annoys me. The sound is there until it runs at the higher percentage. Whats wrong?

Aquattro
12-23-2013, 03:13 PM
Have you taken it apart and reassembled? I run 6100 pumps and have no noise at all. I think noise is bad :)

reefwars
12-23-2013, 03:19 PM
why cant this be a poll?? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

is it new? maybe it needs to run a bit or a soak in vinegar, they are usually pretty quiet , i always hear a sound ramping but nothing to unbearable .

youll know when the hum is unhealthy.

Aquattro
12-23-2013, 03:25 PM
why cant this be a poll?? :mrgreen::mrgreen:

I'm using IO this week...

mseepman
12-23-2013, 03:30 PM
I've had that issue with mine since I got them. I've taken them apart and cleaned multiple times (including with vinegar). I recently got the little rubber bumpers that are an upgrade to the 6105's (though I haven't installed them yet to see if there is improvement).

Madreefer
12-23-2013, 06:39 PM
I got these used. They were clean. They have the rubber bumpers on them. It's defintely a motor sound. One of the other ones I got from the guy must have been defective as well. It wrecked 2 power supplies within a couple of hours and the cord going to the pump was really hot. I traded 4 Mp40s for 3 6105s and 3 of the smaller ones. The guys going to send me replacements for the power supplies and the defective 6105 which is pretty good of him. I'll download the manual and take this nolisy one apart and see what I can find. Thanks for the replies

Madreefer
12-25-2013, 11:20 PM
Well Merry Christmas to me. I sent $2000 worth of Vortech pumps and received a bunch of crap Tunzes in trade. So pi$$ed off right now. I just noticed that another one of the 6105s doesn't work. All the great reviews I've seen on tunze pumps!!!!!! I'm so unimpressed, my vortechs never actually quit working like this!!!!!!