PDA

View Full Version : Needing a pump for my euroreef 125 rs skimmer

jason604
12-22-2013, 05:50 AM
I'm just fed up with my skimmer pump now and need a new 1. Each time I turn my skimmer off it takes like an hour to turn it back on. Anyone know of a good priced and quiet pump or have one laying around that will fit my euro reef 125rs?

Jason

tang daddy
12-22-2013, 01:48 PM
It may have a hard time sucking the air from the tube to start up, you may trying assist start up by blowing air in the intake. Also dip the pump in vinegar, should run a lot better.

jason604
12-23-2013, 06:24 AM
It may have a hard time sucking the air from the tube to start up, you may trying assist start up by blowing air in the intake. Also dip the pump in vinegar, should run a lot better.

Dunno why but it seems like putting the intake into the pump makes it stop running. So pretty much I would hav to take the intake out so its bare propellar spinning slowly then keep plugging and unplugging till it spins fast if Im lucky after 20mins then I can put the intake back into its housing and 9/10 the pump will stop again.. All this while trying it under my tiny sump with barely any room to move lol. Once it runs good with the intake in I never shut off my skimmer but had to to rewire. So u can imagine I was goin nuts each time it turns off.

jason604
12-23-2013, 06:27 AM
Any1 know if an aquabee 2000L/hr will fit my skimmer?

hillegom
12-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Sounds like what has already been said.
You should try running it in a vinegar bath in a separate pail. I'll bet the pump has been running in that cramped sump for a long time.
It will be a pain to get out

tang daddy
12-23-2013, 06:44 PM
Dunno why but it seems like putting the intake into the pump makes it stop running. So pretty much I would hav to take the intake out so its bare propellar spinning slowly then keep plugging and unplugging till it spins fast if Im lucky after 20mins then I can put the intake back into its housing and 9/10 the pump will stop again.. All this while trying it under my tiny sump with barely any room to move lol. Once it runs good with the intake in I never shut off my skimmer but had to to rewire. So u can imagine I was goin nuts each time it turns off.

For the older sedra pumps over time the air feed nossel gets clogged up with calcium sludge and debri. There are mods on YouTube for widening up the port that feeds the air. I have done this on my own pump intake. I would suggest to do a vinegar clean first then bore out the air intake on the pump. If you have any questions I could help you via text or phone. If you don't have my cell number pm me.