PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions on a 130G aggressive reef

noslen34
12-18-2013, 05:14 AM
Hi guys,

I really want to start up a semi-aggressive reef tank.

Fish list:
dwarf lionfish
bluethroat triggerfish
harlequin tusk
a puffer (haven't done much research yet, hopefully there's one that won't nip on the dwarf lion)
foxface/rabbitfish
blue tang
yellow tang
flame angel
large maroon clown

CUC: (risky_)
longspined sea urchin
a cowrie or two

Corals:
Anemone
gsp
some softies and lps

What do you guys think? Do you guys have a suggested/safe order I should add my fish and corals?

Madreefer
12-18-2013, 06:14 AM
Hmmm that's quite a bit of fish for a 130G. I hope you have some really good filtration. IMO that's not really a tank that's that aggresive, more non reefsafe than anything. But I'd put all those fish in a reef tank other than the puffer.

albert_dao
12-18-2013, 07:24 AM
You might have a hard time feeding the lionfish with that mix. I've had more fish in smaller tanks...

kien
12-18-2013, 03:24 PM
Hi guys,

I really want to start up a semi-aggressive reef tank.

Fish list:
dwarf lionfish
bluethroat triggerfish
harlequin tusk
a puffer (haven't done much research yet, hopefully there's one that won't nip on the dwarf lion)
foxface/rabbitfish
blue tang
yellow tang
flame angel
large maroon clown

CUC: (risky_)
longspined sea urchin
a cowrie or two

Corals:
Anemone
gsp
some softies and lps

What do you guys think? Do you guys have a suggested/safe order I should add my fish and corals?

As the Madman said, yours fish list isn't overly aggressive. I would add them in terms of size, smaller fish like the flame angel first and work your way up to the larger fish. Your snails will probably be devoured by your fish.

Skimmer Juice
12-18-2013, 03:31 PM
for a puffer I would look at the red sea panda puffer , do not really see anybody with these fish and they are one of the nicest looking puffers IMO. And they stay at around 1ft full grown.