PDA

View Full Version : Fish are dumb...

asylumdown
12-17-2013, 10:05 PM
Sometimes I catch myself anthropomorphizing my fish. I see human emotions in them and I catch myself feeling bad if I'm a half hour late feeding them dinner, as though they're having a deep, existential conversation about the nature of hunger and how they're not free to make their own choices about when to eat.

Then I put some nori on a clip and my powder blue tang jealously guards his stash from that evil shadow tang that seems to live with the humans on their side of the glass, and frustratingly manages to mirror his every move.

And I think "right... gerbils with fins."

Magickiwi
12-17-2013, 10:09 PM
I'd have to say they are smarter than a few people I know (and work with).

BuschWacker
12-17-2013, 10:14 PM
I'd have to say they are smarter than a few people I know (and work with).

I would have to fully agree with that. And I've seen my fish eat their own poo.

mike31154
12-18-2013, 02:16 AM
Sometimes I catch myself anthropomorphizing my fish. I see human emotions in them and I catch myself feeling bad if I'm a half hour late feeding them dinner, as though they're having a deep, existential conversation about the nature of hunger and how they're not free to make their own choices about when to eat.

Then I put some nori on a clip and my powder blue tang jealously guards his stash from that evil shadow tang that seems to live with the humans on their side of the glass, and frustratingly manages to mirror his every move.

And I think "right... gerbils with fins."

That's pretty deep man, you have a way with words. You need to write a book or make a movie, or both. I was going to google a couple of those $10 words, but the context was good enough for me to get the drift!