PDA

View Full Version : Cocoworm and water changes

ToshAlexandra
12-15-2013, 09:40 PM
Any one have their coco worm out of water during water change? Where I want to put it it'd probably be sitting in the air for about five minutes when i do a water change, will this hurt it? Thanks!

coolhandgoose
12-16-2013, 05:04 PM
Not sure why you'd take it out of the tank with no water? If it has to come out why don't you put it in a bag of water?

Skimmer Juice
12-16-2013, 05:17 PM
I think its more along the lines of wanting to place the coco worm in a spot in the aquarium that will be exposed to air when doing a water change . And to answer the ? Im not sure, but I do not like to leave anything exposed to air.

darkreef
12-16-2013, 05:40 PM
My anemone likes my over flow and he's exposed every few days for ten to fifteen mins to the air , he looks like slime running down my wall :p he deflats but it happy a hour later or so . But yours is a filter feeder and I wouldn't want to expose the soft thin sensitive filters to the air at all . They'd get damaged

ToshAlexandra
12-16-2013, 08:51 PM
lol yes while doing a waterchange, didn't want to take it out for dinner or anything!

Yah I've got sps, lps and nems exposed during water changes, just didn't know what a cocoworm could handle.