PDA

View Full Version : Damn ups did it again!!!

iceman86
12-10-2013, 11:56 PM
Hey guys I ordered some items from j&l and the package was supposed to be delivered on Friday by ups. The stuff I'm worried about in my order is the phosphate test kit, the nitrate test kit, and microbacter7. I tracked it and it said that it wasn't delivered on Friday because of weather conditions. I understand Friday because it was -40 something but it's now Tuesday night and I still haven't seen my package and the weather is fine. I tried calling them yesterday and the just screwed me around on the phone and got nowhere. Damn ups I'll never use you again!!!! Screws me everytime.

I was just wondering if these items are still ok after freezing.

Thanks

HaZRaTTy
12-11-2013, 06:43 AM
I don't think test kits are accurate after being frozen..might want a 2nd opinion though

j83
12-12-2013, 01:30 AM
No idea about freezing temps, sorry. But I hate UPS too. One time they billed me for taxes/duties etc. Then they sent me a cheque saying they charged me incorrectly. This was followed by another invoice basically saying they screwed up and should have charged me in the first place. Absolutely terrible customer service.

hfp75
12-12-2013, 03:01 AM
I also hate UPS

intarsiabox
12-13-2013, 12:56 AM
I've contacted manufacturers a few times over the years about frozen products and typically they all said that the product would be fine unless the item contained such things as live bacteria strains. I would suggest you email the product mfg. directly, they are usually pretty quick to answer.

iceman86
12-13-2013, 01:24 AM
I finally got the package today and they didn't even knock on my door. They just left it on my steps and left. The test kits seem ok, they weren't frozen but the microbacter was rock solid. The bottle was even distorted with a bulge on the side so when I brought it in the house, it started to thaw and I had to take off the cap or else it would blow.

I've paid rediculius brokerage fees billed to my by ups and long wait times and always given the run around when you call them. That was my last straw with them. Ill use a different shipping company if the company allows it or I'll just order from somewhere else.